Is the Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 213kv any good?

Thanks. I plan on using a 9mm belt setup with 9mm wide pulley and wheel gear.

Thanks for the answer. Any idea about how much range I will get and max speed with this motor and a 36t wheel gear and 14t motor pulley? Also I am using 75mm wheels.

If u say the voltage, gear ratio of motor and wheel pulley, and wheel size then u could get a definite answer

Range youd need to know voltage and amp hours.

My guess is you’ll hit about 18mph max with 22 volts.

38.4v and 2500 mAh is my battery pack’s specs.

Maybe 3 or 4 miles. Maybe. Depends how u ride

According to this calculator, you should hit about 20mph @ 38.5 volts. If you jump up to a 16 tooth pulley with 83mm wheels, or just jump up to 97mm wheels alone, you should be able to hit 25mph.

1 Like

I use it on a board i have and it was one of my favorite motors! i ran it on 6s and it hit about 20mph and was very efficient.

5 star motor

1 Like

Can you explain how you mounted the drive pulley? Did you flatten the shaft with a dremel so the set screw works?

I didnt flatten the shaft because i never feel like doing it. what i do to ensure it doesnt slip is to swap out the small grub screw with a bolt of the same thread cut. Usually M3. and i use thread lock and it doesnt dare move!

Mhmm ok. As long as it works :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Definitely flatten the shaft with a dremel or hand file where the set screw will go. It only takes 5 minutes and you’ll really regret not doing it if the motor pulley breaks free. And still use locktite.

Dang ok. I guess it would be dangerous. Thanks for clearing that up. If I don’t but this Turnigy, I guess I might aswell get a DIY motor that actually has a key and matching motor pulleys with key shafts.

1 Like

I made a video on notching your motor shaft for a drive pulley. If you’re good with a Dremel it takes literally 2 minutes.

just make a little flat spot notch for the set/grub screw and you’ll be golden.

1 Like

Hello, I’m new here and have a question. I bought the turnigy 6364 190kv and the hk 150a esc

I tried it with a 3s 5000mah battery but the motor don’t move. Once there was a little spin but that’s all. Can somebody help me? Why don’t the motor work? What’s the problem? Thank you

3S is too low of a voltage.

Oh okey. But the components match together? The esc works with max 6s but the motor with 10s. Can i use 9s or is it too much for the esc? Thank you

ESC ratings are probably not something you want to test XD The motor, however, could run as low as 1v if you REALLY wanted to. Granted, it would barely turn. It’s 10S rating means one of two things: It can handle the voltage, or that it’s most efficient at that voltage. Some 3S motors for RC stuff can take 4S, but they’ll usually use much more power than the change in performance is worth, and they’ll also get unusually hot. Because the ESC is rated lower than the motor, you have to consider if the motor will perform well enough at 6s- there’s no danger of electronics failure. My SK3 6354 is rated 8-10S, but it works as a single drive on just 8S well enough for my purposes. Running a 10S rated motor at 6S is guesswork, as far as I know. That’s a full 16 volts lower in voltage, but I don’t have the experience to tell you what that’ll mean for performance.

Ok I just read an article about this motor that it can run at 6s. So i ordered the motor, esc and the 6s battery. But i just tested it with the 3s battery and there ist no reaction.

If you can wait, I will be getting SK3’s around March 25-ish.

1 Like