Is DIY Electric's On/Off switch worth it?

Yeah thats the most common type of MOSFET failure its just a drain to source short and is exactly what was happening to my old designs. By “their MOSFET’s Blew” did you mean like actually blew up, or just stopped working?

Ah, that I’m not sure of.

I’ll send you one, maybe you can give .e a discount on a new one :grinning:. PM your address, I’ll send it out tomorrow.

I have a dead switch that I could send you as well. I bought it used, but still basically brand new from another member and it worked once for me, then got stuck in the on position. I’d like to try again with one of your switches, and a discount world be awesome, but honestly, if it just works, I’ll be happy to pay full price for it. I’ll pm you later.

Hey yeah I might be interested in another one, if its from a different vendor then @mmaner switch. And FYI Mike what company did you get your switches from? I forgot to ask. And @Mobutusan what company or person is your switch from as well? Would definitely love to take a look at some different ones and find out whats wrong with them.

Mine is a Torqueboards/DIY switch.

Yeah I would definitely want a Torque boards switch, I’ll dm you my address.

I soldered my own using the Vedder (original design)/Chaka (upgraded board) design. No issues so far.

I got these from GoldenHusky here. DirectFET anti-spark switch thats based on vedder’s but improved. So far I have tested this using the recommended 12v LED switch but I’m only running 25-35 amps thru the system. I really like it, really small and clean look. Inline fuse rated higher than what the other available switches seems to be OK for now, I will run this over the week some more and see how it holds up to the constant on-off. Check this out as an option…

1 Like

why not buy a BMS with eswitch, whats the advantage of an external e-switch?

Having to turn on your board to charge is kind of annoying

If they happen to crap out on you. Send them back in and we’ll send you a new one.

We’re working on a new design hopefully have it tested soon.

1 Like

I don’t find it annoying but it could get ugly if your remote’s fail safe isn’t properly setup. Besides the E-switch on the Bestec bms’s double as a reset switch incase one of the protection circuits shuts it down. With other bms’s you have to open the enclosure and disconnect power to reset them.

Free shipping too?

For a replacement if within the USA.

I love @goldenHusky DirectFET design, I cant imagine the amount of current you can run through that thing! Definitely check that one out if you want a really beefy switch!

1 Like

@ipv6app how has this switch been acting? Still holding up?

@JdogAwesome you still selling the switches?

I am, kinda. I have stock of my EbSC V3 Switches which are super compact however im still working on finishing my website to sell them, and mainly other stuff, on.

I would love one if possible