Is 9mm for a belt fine or should I go 12mm+?

Oh are you talking about pulleys or belts?

correct… I am talking about buying the kit…belt,pulley etc and just changing it out so i can run a 12mm. Enertion told me I can’t do it, DIY says probably…I thought this would be something easy to do for a noob like me in the near future… guess not

i ordered standard calibers that I’m going to chop in a week for enertion 12mm pulleys, i can report back once it’s done

cool… I am sure somebody has done this on the forum…

No it should work, a little unnecessary on the dual drive though.

i broke a 9mm belt in a month on dual. I wouldn’t say unnecessary, just more robust.

Fair enough. I would consider 9mm to be acceptable on a dual drive though. Unless you run this: http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/nyc-drivetrain-of-death/9006?u=michaeld33

for sure, 9mm dual is just fine. I’m still going to run it on that board. My next board will be 12mm duals though.

Can’t hurt!

I snap one 9mm belt about every 200 miles of mixed riding on my single -if that helps.

1 Like

Thanks…good idea… every 200 miles or so.

Definitely go wider.

If your running single drive and throw a belt then it’s possible to have runaway speed on a downhill.

I have had 9mm belts just fly off with no warning. Fortunately not on downhill.

The 12mm belts from Polybelt have so far held up much better.

but how? DIY kit?

I ate 9mm belts constantly under braking on single drive 12S Lipo 6374. Went to 15mm and it is rock solid. I would not run 9mm on a single drive.

yeah using DIY 16t 12mm motor pulley and DIY’s ABEC 36t 12mm wheel pulley.

It works but couldn’t be another 1 mm wider without rubbing.

Takes a little more effort to align

are you running dual 6355’s?

Single 6355

the question is would they fit on a dual raptor…without cutting the trucks.

depends on the motor mount thickness and if there are recesses for bolts etc.

It’s very close fit.

If the wheel pulley has it own bearing then trucks need to be cut.

If regular wheel pulley then an extra washer might be enough for clearance.

Any updates on this? I wanna upgrade my enertion dual kit 9mm to 12mm. photos would be awesome, cheers!