[Introductions] New member? Introduce yourself and share your DIY plans

Hi everyone!

First post but long time lurker.

Been skating for years and always wanted an electric skateboard. Pulled the trigger a few weeks ago on the Enertion R Spec motor and VESC (hope to get soon :slight_smile: ) Also got the Enertion motor mount. I plan on posting a build thread as soon as I get everything in. Love all the great info on this forum! Thanks

hi @sk8ace welcomeā€¦ tell your friends too!

1 Like

Hi esk8 buildersā€¦

Iā€™m from the Netherlands, and I have been on a evolution board in Spain, where I just asked the guy if I could have a go. I have been skating since I was 10 years old. And after a pause of well over 20 years I started long boarding. And because Iā€™m old now I need to nurture my ā€œmid life crisisā€? Pretty sure itā€™s not that, but sounds cool!

The electric board I got on in Spain felt really natural, and within a minute I was whizzing though the streets, carving and going round the block.

I was sold, and after a lot of reading the forums ES and off course this forum, I decided that Iā€™m in dear need of an e-board.

One of our users offers ( @chaka ) offers a fully constructed deck with 18650 batteries 12s and 2 VESCā€™s. I decided that this would be perfect for me, Iā€™m not a great hero with electronics, but Iā€™m pretty confident in configuring stuff, and building the actual board. I cannot recommend the board (yet) because itā€™s being made, but Iā€™m pretty confident that itā€™s going to be AWSOME.

Propulsion is going to be

-SK3 Turnigy 6374 192KV 2x -Diagonal drive Mounting and gears basically stuff the makes the board roll -Caliber trucks Mounts/gears still to be decided (maybe from enertion, but taxes are high here when importing from outside EU, I heard that @onloop is going to take care off that?) -Abec 11 Flywheels 90mm 75a or equivalent.

After the build is ready, Iā€™ll make pictures and write a small reviewā€¦

9 Likes

Hey! Thatā€™s my board :smile:

1 Like

I think mine will even have sexier curves :wink:

1 Like

HAHAHAH Wish i was 15 again. all the thoughts of front bums and skating the day away. stay in school and study then when your 25 youll have all the money to burn seems like agaes away but it goes quick im 28 now and it feels like yesterday i was knocking off school to skate lol

Brand new here! Been lurking around for a couple weeks after I saw my co-workers board. Great site, I have lots to learn :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi all never really skated before but surf and snow board I work with electronics by trade and am a pretty avid DIYer so I though an eboard would be a fun project. I have been working on an Electric longboard for the last month or so its up and running but need to do some fine tuning. I used a Turnigy SK3 213kv and FVT 120A Brushless Car ESCa 2.5 gear ratio and 97mm wheels currently am running 2 different battery setups. 2x 4500mah 3s Lipo and 2x 5500mah 3s lipo running them in series. Neither of the battery setups gives me the range I am looking for I get about 4 to 5 miles depending on the pack and usage. At the moment I have a cheap charger off amazon and feel that is part of my problem was also looking into changing my set up a little bit possibly going with a higher gear ratio and bump my battery voltage thinking that may increase my efficiency. Would love to gets some ideas on how to increase my range with out shelling out $200 or more for a 16000mah battery.

1 Like

Hi, I am from okp forum (e-sk8.fr) that you may have already heard of. I have already mounted an electric skateboard with pneumatic wheels, even if some improvements may be done, but it runs :stuck_out_tongue: ! (I will post it latter) In fact, I hope to set up a project based in the ā€œEnertion Certified Eboard Builderā€ program, and spreading a little this transport means in my town. But if I have well understood, I have to build it with Enertion boards, so I am thinking about doing another one :blush: Hope I could contribute to this forum !

1 Like

hello @Skirk @dwswill @ElectrikSK8 @gcjimbo @jeroenimo

welcome!

Welcome @jeroenimo @Skirk @Dwswill @ElectrikSK8 @gcjimbo

Hope you all have a great day today!

2 Likes

@psychotiller and @onloop Thanks guys! Iā€™m patiently waiting for a free-ride deck from @chaka and some mounts from @torqueboards. When all is in Iā€™ll do a detailed post on how itā€™s working out!

hello all, i have been lurking for a while and learned a lot. i thought its about time i make an account. i live in Maine so the snow has put a stop to any building i would be doing so i will order parts in the spring.

Hello from Nashville, TN USA! Iā€™ve been interested in eboards but didnā€™t want to just pay & ride. Iā€™m one of those folks like to learn by DIY :smile: As part of my work, Iā€™ve been going to CES for the past 8 years and Iā€™ve seen some last mile rides. When I met the folks from zboard & boosted board, I was tempted to just buy it. I used to ride skateboard as a kid, and at 37, I want to ride but with less work & more speed lol

If you guys have recommended parts list of sort, please let me know. I do have many questions so be patient with me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

All the build threads usually have a parts list incorporated into the title and you can see how everything turned out by their photos. Iā€™d just take a look around, and see whatā€™s popular!

Thanks for the info! Where are the places people shop that people trust?

Enertion , DIYelectricskateboard, Ollin Boards, Alien drive

1 Like

Iā€™ve heard some people have not had a good experience at alien, but Iā€™ve never shopped there, so I canā€™t speak for myself.

Iā€™d say enertion and diyelectricskateboard are at the top for buying anything, and ollin boards is on the rise. Right now, you can only buy certain items at ollin boards, but one of them (the VESC) is cheaper and built to order more than either of the two competitors options.

Hello everyone, Iā€™m Riako, 28 yr old, Architect in Paris,seens summer I ride an [esk8][1] I travel the forum/topic and other DIY project and Im happy to arrived here !!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Good ride esk8ters !!! [1]: http://www.e-sk8.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=77&start=280

3 Likes

Good to know! :smile: