[Introductions] New member? Introduce yourself and share your DIY plans

That is correct.

I’m getting there - Spine 2.0 is almost ready for test ride.

3 Likes

I’m a machine operator at the ice cream factory and I drive a electric pallet jack at work which makes me want a esk8 even more. So I’m gonna build one! No longer a matter of if but when.

3 Likes

Hi, I’m Alberto from Verona IT and I’m waiting the Enertion parts to diy my own Electric Skateboard. I’ve already seen some Esk8 this year and I felt in love! I’m exited to start a great experience with this beautiful passion. I’m always been interested in bulding everything, and now is time to get out my best! I’ve started selling Parts for european e-skaters, only preorders at the moment.

I’ll post my build when the Parts will arrive!!! Cant wait!

Enjoy your diy projects and ride ride ride!!

Hey Guys! Im Torben from Germany and last year´s Germanys Downhill Longboard Champion. No i´m not! I´m just really into fun/extrem sport! I just bought myself a cheap ebay longboard and got addicted to esk8s because of Casey Neistat. So a lot of reading here later, i decided to go the diy way and build something by myself :slight_smile: Will do a build thread later on. :monkey:

1 Like

Hi I’m new here and I’ve already built just about everything for my board and its all working although I’m having a petty issue thats starting to get quite annoying. I have calibrated my ESC with my remote and it works fine, the problem is that the remote has three positions for the trigger to be and the position it naturally goes to does not stop the motor. So i have to constantly pull the trigger all the way in order for the motor to stop spinning and then if I let the trigger go the motor spins at half speed and the pushing the trigger forward makes it go the fastest. I’ve looked everywhere and haven’t found anyone else with this problem and I’ve tried calibrating it many different ways to no avail. So how do I make it so that the natural position (middle) is stop, pulling the trigger is accelerate, and pushing the trigger is brake? Remote: HK-GT2B, ESC: Hobby King 80A ESC 4A SBEC Motor: Turnigy Aerodrive SK3

From the Hobbyking manual http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uploads/842909073X7478X52.pdf

Also: this is what you get for buying a helicopter/plane ESC. As far as I can understand that manual you do not have brakes - or more precisely you only have a 100% brake. This will not work for esk8s.

So I will have to get a new ESC? On the 4th page it says this:

1. Brake: turn on/turn on/turn on/turn on/turn off Turn on: the propeller stops immediately when the throttle works under the smallest position. Turn off: the propeller stops naturally when the throttle works under the smallest position. If I turn off could this be the solution? I would prefer not to buy a new ESC if possible.

so looks like you got a wrong esc without usable brakes. Your esc is only capable of full stop - you get thrown off your board, or releasing throttle - no braking. Only car escs can be used for eskating with proper brakes. Or better a VESC. So if you dont mind riding around without brakes you can keep your esc, if not, get yourself a car esc or vesc.

OK thanks for the help! :thumbsup:

Not sure is anyone said this but Enertion drive kit will not work with the orangatang kegels

Hahaha thanks I figured that out, I think I found a way around it tho I really want to keep my Kegels

Hey Everyone!

Been researching and looking to make a new board for the light commute! Wanting to make a single motor board with the option to add another motor later on. Let me know if there’s any problems with my build.

Deck - TBA

Motor - Torqueboard 6355

DIY Electric Dual Motor Mechanical Kit

Battery - 2x Turnigy 5000mAh 6S 20C Lipo Pack

Charger - 200 Watt Fast Charger from Enertion

VESC BLDC Speed Controller

TorqueBoards 2.4ghz Nano Remote Controller

Turnigy DLUX LIPO Battery Cell Display and Balancer (2S~6S)

XT60 Harness for 2 Packs in Series (1pc)

Any recommendations and tips are appreciated

Looking forward to learning and contributing!

Ben is not on their team, I’m not sure why they have him listed as a team member… They are using his VESC, that’s it. In that case Ben is on enertion’s team as well since they are using his VESC, and on anyone’s team who is using his VESC. I might as well add him to my team then cuz all my boards have the VESC haha.

I think he helped to make a custom VESC or did some software stuff for them.

as far as I remember he was on their payroll at some point

actually she wrote this.

aikokami13d Well, i will assemble Spine on Saturday so pics and videos will be in here if you guys interested in it.

We are using Ben’s motor controller so its kinda obvious he will appear as partner on Faraday website but he is not part of the team.

and a quick google search would have shown you this directly from the faraday homepage:

[quote]Q: What kind of micro-controller are you using? A: The best micro-controller out there, developed by Benjamin Vedder – a part of the Faraday development team.[/quote] If that actually means they are only using the VESC then that is a wrong statement to make! http://www.faradaymotion.com/2015/08/live-stream-learnings-and-qa/

then there is also this:

[quote]For a micro-controller, the team uses a custom developed model made by team member Benjamin Vedder.[/quote]http://www.3ders.org/articles/20151021-faraday-motion-3d-printed-spine-electronic-skateboard-available-for-preorder.html

Yea I’m not really sure. From what I understood they are just using his VESC, and when they say “custom developed model”…they just mean the VESC.

It’s just shady that they call him a “team member”. The picture they are using on their webpage is taken straight from google images.

But I don’t know any better, maybe he did do something for them. Ben V is a genius and this community is very lucky to have some as brilliant as him develop the VESC. I just find it hard to believe that he would work for a random E-board manufacturer that most people have not even heard of.

That is only true for US people because faraday is located in Denmark - US people don’t care about european businesses :wink:

I also wrote to @aikokami in the pokemon thread - that is a shady way of describing your team. That would mean Steve Jobs also worked directly in my team because I used a custom cell phone.

I already answered this question in Pokemon Go topic, but since its interesting and kinda shady for you guys, i will do it again. Benjamin was cooperating with us in totally not Steve Jobs way :wink:

Benjamin is not working on develepment of new design with Faraday Motion (we are heading in slightly different difection with motor controllers - you can read about our “brain” here but since his job is a big part of our project, and he was cooperating with our CEO to make Spine happen - he is listed as part of the team on our website.

I’m not working with Benjamin - sadly. But thanks for all your posts to make it clear.