Interest in CRonin Mount

With the spline there will be no rotation, unless of course you bash it and break the mechanical joint. Lateral will not be an issue at all. The surface area has increased exponentially, that coupled with the clamp you couldn’t move it with a 12lb sledge.

1 Like

Just checked TB’s v4 mount and it seems to be 31mm spacing as well so I think we’re good :slight_smile:

@Jinra Excellent, thank you. I’m waiting on another drawing from my guy, once I approve it we are ready to roll. He runs some pretty crazy hours so hopefully I will have it tonight.

I’m down for 2 mounts and 2 axles.

1 Like

finally got a chance to caliper measure 2-3 motors I had sitting around, some variance but all in the 31.5mm range. lol that’s what you get with $15 calipers!

1 Like

How is it looking?

@Eboostin Trying to make progress, but me and my guy are like ships passing in the night. I did get a print for the 280mm belt and it fits perfect. You get about 1.25" clearance mounted to the front and 1.5" to the rear. Please pay no attention to the loose belt, when its adjusted properly it pulls the mount out of square.

On a separate note, the spline idea most likely isnt going to work out. The clamping of the bushing and mount together will throw off the alignment of the spline. Its still most likely going to have to be two grub screws on the clamp pushing in opposite directions on the bushing.

Im waiting on a call from him to get the actual aluminum prototype to test out.

6 Likes

Looking good. Just purchased some Ronins!

Thank you! I’m getting excited, i just placed an order for a Loaded Poke.

I spoke to the machinist, he is leaving for a week long vacation Saturday but is squeezing in a 6061 prototype for me. The final product will be out of 7075 and will take almost 6 hours on the CNC, the material is very hard, the bulk of the time will be hogging out and contouring the bushing, but we have an idea for that. For testing purpose, 6061 will be just fine.

It’s getting close!

3 Likes

Added from the other thread:

I’m in for a pair myself - so 2x mounts & 2x axles. If there are more EU people then happy to organise group postage from the UK. Also like the black anodised idea - bling not my thing :wink:

Also - this is awesome, great work!!

Thank you. It’s pretty cool when you see an idea turn into something tangible. The Ronin’s are awesome, this is needed.

Don’t worry about the “bling” factor, they will be flat black.

1 Like

Haha, awesome. This is exciting!

While we are waiting drooling, has anyone tried the adjustable Cronins 174-180mm. Not sure what advantage they might have in what use case. Anyone tried them?

I also already ordered 2 black/red cronins for a DIY loaded vanguard project. got the bamboo veneer already as well and probably start with it this weekend :smiley:

4 Likes

I’m riding a loaded vanguard (flex 2) with caliber 2’s now and love it. I can’t wait to get the Poke though, looking forward to something a little more agile.

Hey, on second look, I’m thinking that the mount shouldn’t be taken in leading away from the truck. Visually it looks nice but I’d prefer to have the strength

Also, do you or anyone else have a desire for a motor pulley cover? Probably easiest and lightest to do out of black plastic.

1 Like

Would also cut down on machine time and cost.

With the 7075 its overkill already, there really isn’t a need. Look at a pyschotiller or TB mount, they hold up fine, but with that two piece design (which was my first idea), according to the stress tests the point of failure is where the arm meets the clamp. We took care of that with the long beveling of the arm to the clamp. There are also two grub screws that will additionally pull the clamping surface tighter to the bushing.

Im trying not to think about it, I cant wait to have the prototype in my hand. Im like a kid the night before Christmas. Loaded Poke and new VESC coming tomorrow, just finished my 12s 100a BMS and flat 12s Lipo pack, and fingers crossed the mount will be ready.

1 Like

could you show us a few closeups on the cronin truck adapter? Im still curious how running 9, 12 and 15mm with one adapter works. is the adapter wider than the motor mount so that the motor mount can be shifted up to 6mm to work with all the different belt widths (basically like my tube solution, thats also 2cm wide).

also, whats the inner diameter of the motor mount clamp now?

Sure, I will put them up tonight. The clamp rides back and forth on the bushing with enough clearance for the larger pulley. So yes, the bushing is wider than the clamp and like your tube solution.

I’ll check the bushing tonight for you. It was originally 30mm but I believe it changed slightly.

1 Like