Inner gear direct drive gearbox

Man thats sick. I don’t have any experience with inrunners but everyone is making them sound soooo goood. 8.4kW in a 40mm can sound absolutely bananas compared to our regular 6374 motors!

In my case the bottleneck would be the availability of gears since i don’t have a cnc, so i can partly only rely on what you find online for pinions. I don’t see a 8:1 happening with the usual mountainboard sizes of 8mm shafts and modul 2 +/+ 0.5. (unless using some kind of planetary system, @Riako? :wink:)

Anyways i think my 130kv 1:5.5 setup is more than enough torque right now on 200mm’s so im focusing more on the riding than development in the next months :smiley:

3 Likes

No like a gasket between cylinder head and block it would only touch the plate and the housing not the gears at all, if no bolts going through to hold it in place then design a ‘lip’

2 Likes

Guys if you go through mud baths then nothing will help even my old gearbox will need some cleanup. But for the normal day going through sand, grass and etc shouldn’t be much of a problem.

@banjaxxed regarding the lip it does not work very well :wink:

Inrunner are bit crazy as I see they are over 1k on KV… So I don’t know what kind of pinions you would want to run them.

1 Like

Current setup runs twin 5200w 850kv inrunners on the .8mod 120mm wheels

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bca24Y7jnb3/

8 Likes

Alright in this case i understood it in the first place i think. And i have some CAD files already, we’ll see.

True, when i didn’t go through mud at all nothing got stuck inside.

So today I received the kit for my board to try it out damn its fine way better than the old one. It drives smoothly and the most important part sound is like 10 times lower compared to the previous drivetrain. There is no more geary feeling when riding it.

Also, I received some info that it will be available to buy next week and price will be 375€ + shipping.

More pictures are available in my build thread

http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/daily-driver-v2-0-35-holypro-trampa-vertigo-trucks-aps-6384s-170kv-4kw-custom-directdrive-12s-custom-esc/36560/128

4 Likes

We need video :smiley:

How much for that vesc housing? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3.99£ from Prime Now :smiley: Btw its first generation single vesc cases inside :slight_smile: I just hate dirt on wires so I put then in the box

1 Like

I went out in rain just to get a video for you :slight_smile: Processing right now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Now it’s only 480p available but later on will be better quality as Youtube takes some time to prepare other formats :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I guess you are running BLDC, any chance of a video on FOC? Would be great to appreciate the “real” sound of the gearbox… Nevertheless, congrats! It looks really sleek and elegant :wink:

I dont know what happened but both motor hall sensors are not recognised anymore and on one motor FOC does not work anymore R is not detected (chinese vesc)

maytech? 10char

Dont know :wink:

haha, try a clean install of the latest 3.XX Software. Mine work on foc since the C18 upgrade: http://vedder.se/forums/viewtopic.php?t=68 good luck!

Wow! These look really hot. Do you know if these work with the Trampa Gummies? The Trampa site sez the Gummies have a diameter of 125mm but I don’t know if that’s inner or outer diameter (I suspect outer).

No it will not fit as the gear diameter is ~130mm :frowning: Even with 4:1 or 3:1 it’s still too big maybe with smalled module but then its not so bulletproof

Mine was working until DRV died :smiley:

oh… Thats why I already bought 2 @stewii ESCAPE PCBs :D, can’t trust chinese 4.12 vescs on FOC :confused:

Hope you get time to finish your own ESC!