I regret all of those clone flywheels I've bought

Those mecanum wheels can travel horizontally on a four wheel setup on a vex robot. I’ve used those exact ones before in high school.

They also make those for forklifts and the larger FRC robots

3 Likes

Those look like forklift wheels except smaller and plastic. They don’t roll the direction you think they do, they roll any direction. left/right/front/back/whatever

Over 180 shipped for a set of 107mm from evolve. I bought the flywheel clones 97mm and I don’t have a budget… I’m fairly certain the price of flywheels is exponential as you go up.

Im seeing alot of talk about shaving 100MBS wheels. I have a set and theyve maybe got 20 or 30 miles on them. Im having real trouble with traction! Ive a 10s4p with a 6374 200Kv and Ive got it geared 15/42 for the extra torque I need with the 100mm wheels but the wheel just spins up even on the flat from take off. On a hill i just sat spinning. No good.

Is this why people are ‘shaving’ the wheel?

Yes, they also can cause extra vibrations since they aren’t round

1 Like

If only genuines weren’t always sold out everywhere

I’ve not used much but the roads where I live are really rural leaving me with no choice :sob:

So I have 3 sets of 97mm clones & one set of 90mm to sell or use in cheap builds

I honestly hate the 2 clone sets I have (83mm) they’re so hard, they ride fine, but can’t slide them for shit. They’re too grippy to use on an analog board, and to hard to be comfortable on an eboard.

I can slide literally almost every wheel I own, from 66mm, 70mm, & 76 -107 flywheels, 100mm MBS. But the clones are unslideable/bouncy as fuck

Maybe I’ll try making one of those funny 6 wheels builds!

1 Like

Or a e-recliner…

1 Like

Now that’s an idea! Maybe a sun lounger recliner, with 12 wheels(different colours but all 97mm) Optional Pina colada, would be great for freaking people out on the beach promanade

2 Likes

Lol a true boardwalk cruiser :joy::joy::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Question: How do you tuck on a recliner?

You don’t…lean back like a luge, just make it super low :wink:

Wrong!

And option with remote and leg protection

Lol

1 Like

Just be careful of them speed wobbles in recline mode. Definitely need the foot rest to keep your ass over the front wheels. Unlike this.

4 Likes

Did you pay for the leather option @ZackoryCramer

2 Likes

Today i got my orginal Abec 90mm wheels 75A Duro. My god the difference is huge! Its like riding on clouds its soo smooth and soft.

I tought this was BS and “wheels are wheels” but man i was wrong! Probably one of the best mod ive done to my board!

2 Likes

I told you the wheels from the diyeboard kit wasnt great compared to stuff like that :stuck_out_tongue: Its night and day difference.