I need some help connecting my motor to my vesc and my vesc to my receiver

@ra.rend

1 Like

Everyone has the choice to add them to the vesc during checkout. Did you expect me to include them for free? Are you using xt-90’s on your phase wires??? Hope your motor spins in the correct direction otherwise you may need to resolder.

2 Likes

Yeah dude I’d have given you a quick handy lol, yeah just on two and on all motor wires are bullet connectors to switch as needed. Do they have diodes in the connectors?? They aren’t antispark so no resistor, if there’s a diode then there might have to be some trial and error tests done

think they will work?? D:

Just a tip: please insulate the pins of the receiver after the binding process is done before puting it into the box! It’s one of those common reasons for killed VESCs. :wink:

1 Like

Thank you for the tip dude!

Uploading… Can

Can someone please help me with this setup? I seem to have a male and female connector. but I’m confused how to put it together. when i put the caps on the motor wire, it doesn’t connect to the vesc. Please help, im so close i can feel it.

You have to solder the female heads onto the phase wires on the VESC and insulate. Like so…

1 Like

thank you so much my friend it helps

o

I just want to be sure. do I have to solder these gold caps to the vesc like so or do I have to turn the gold caps around and solder them?

The way you have it in the picture is correct. Make sure you insulate with electrical tape or heatshrink after!

ok great awesome. thank you buddy and much love.

Wheres your vesc from?

Enertion board

Hey guys im having this problem with my motor, it wont start. it was working a week ago. but when i took it apart i saw a RED light was blinking on the vesc. what should i do? I soldered the male cape to the motor wire again and i tried reconnecting the controller over and over again but nothing worked. also im not sure if there’s a website I need to got to see if i have a motor detection, but if you could refer me to the name of the site it would be very helpful. Please help and God bless.

Check for fault codes on the bldc tool. You may have a drv error.

Have you set up the vesc with bldc tool? If you already have it then I’d use to to check if your vesc has any faults. If you don’t have it I think you can still download it from vesc.com.au Damnit lochlan is too fast

it says the motor detection has failed, so i guess, buy another huh? or is there another thing that im missing. please keep me posted and thanks for the help.

it says the motor detection has failed, so i guess, buy another huh? or is there another thing that im missing. please keep me posted and thanks for the help.

No I think you should be able to fix this. Is the motor connected properly? Maybe @chaka or @Jinra can help