I need some help connecting my motor to my vesc and my vesc to my receiver

ok great awesome. thank you buddy and much love.

Wheres your vesc from?

Enertion board

Hey guys im having this problem with my motor, it wont start. it was working a week ago. but when i took it apart i saw a RED light was blinking on the vesc. what should i do? I soldered the male cape to the motor wire again and i tried reconnecting the controller over and over again but nothing worked. also im not sure if there’s a website I need to got to see if i have a motor detection, but if you could refer me to the name of the site it would be very helpful. Please help and God bless.

Check for fault codes on the bldc tool. You may have a drv error.

Have you set up the vesc with bldc tool? If you already have it then I’d use to to check if your vesc has any faults. If you don’t have it I think you can still download it from vesc.com.au Damnit lochlan is too fast

it says the motor detection has failed, so i guess, buy another huh? or is there another thing that im missing. please keep me posted and thanks for the help.

it says the motor detection has failed, so i guess, buy another huh? or is there another thing that im missing. please keep me posted and thanks for the help.

No I think you should be able to fix this. Is the motor connected properly? Maybe @chaka or @Jinra can help

Do the detection again until it errors out. Then go to terminal and type ‘faults’. Paste any faults here.

I was helping someone else recently with a failed detection. It faulted with an ABS_Over_current fault. We concluded it was a bad VESC given that detection on the same motor worked on another VESC with the same power source.

I typed in “faults” and a lot of things came up and the motor is still not responding. what else am i supposed to do?this is what came up when I typed faults-

That’s a DRV fault. That means the chip on the board is buggered. You’ll have to get it repaired

Hi mate. I see your motor has 3 black wires. How do you know which wire is which? I have this problem with my alien drive motor. It has 3 black wires and i have no idea which to connect where? thanks

Hi. As i see, you motor has 3 black wires. how do you know which one is which? i have this problem. i have alien power systems motor and it has 3 black wires. and i have no idea which one to connect where? can you help please? thnks

Hi. your motror has 3 black wire just like mine. how do you know which wire is which? i cant figure out how to connect mine

If the wires are well insulated (you don’t see bare copper) you can proceed connecting them randomly. Power them. If the spinning direction is wrong, just swap 2 cables.

Please use search function :arrow_up:next time: faster for you, less spam for the forum.

thanks for such fast reply. i did use search function and tried many different key word combination but was not able to find anything. so i can randomly connect those 3 wires and it will not damage neither my motor nor vesc? and just play around untill i find correct connection?

No It won’t damage the vesc, also he the motor doesn’t run in the way you want, you can just swap two cable, to change the motor direction.

Hello, About a 2 months ago I bought two Maytche VESCs from Alien power system and as I finished setting everything up and assembling everything I plugged it all in but when I turned my Enertion pace cell pro 3 the controller connected to the receiver which was getting power but I realized the VESC’s where not responding so I disconnected everything and attempted to connect them to my computer. But I realized that when I plug the plug the battery in, nothing happened and the VESC’s does not light up. But the receiver gets power when I connect it to the VESC’s and the micro USB ports on the VESC’s do get really hot in about 10 seconds.

Thank you for reading

Maybe this could help you