HW6.4 based ESC - ESCape

So in the first post it says it’s $130 for complete ESCape, then I think I saw it was now £150, can you confirm the price for the complete package of HW, enclosure, and PCB?

I think that was without housing… and the second with housing…

1 Like

yea, thats the price i got about a month ago

We talked before about the pricing, the prices are for single units in our store. But you can buy bulk at a lower price for e.g. Same design without fins as Single Focbox

https://shop.3dservisas.eu/products/single-focbox-case-without-cooling-fins

Can be made cheaper:

• 50 units 20€/ea
  • 30 units 22€/ea

So if you are interested let me know.

1 Like

TB VESC serves the “cheap” market. I don’t think that statement makes sense. A FOCBOX would be for them.

Cheap was probably the wrong word.

3 Likes

Took R1 off on mine, seems a bit too risky, might be better leaving it off in the future

3 Likes

R1 ?? Sorry for the ‘silly’ question but what is R1?

R1 is 0 ohm resistor, that when populated allows you to draw power from USB The issue is when you have both usb and battery connected you are feeding 5V from 2 sources

4 Likes

Thank you kind Sir, for clarifying this.

4 Likes

That is not the issue but cause. What’s the issue? Is this layout error?

It’s not a layout error, it’s an optional component, it is useful for initial flash before even hooking up a battery, but I think poses too much risk leaving on. I had strange behavior on my windows tablet when connected to vesc tool and a battery, when I spun up the motor and applied breaks my touchscreen would stop working normally for a few seconds

Isn’t it the way this was designed? I’m asking to know if it’s isolated case. Isn’t it the way everybody uses it? Maybe the fault is on a tablet side? Have you connected it to pc with same results? Has anyone also had this problem?

Only the ESCapes come with R1 populated as far as I’m aware all other vesc4/6 don’t

I first troubleshooted the issue by cutting the 5V line on one of my USB cables and it went away then I removed R1 and can use any cable now, ESCapes no longer connected to 5V usb

I guess custom cable is easiest option, you can just block two middle pins with some tape on pc side

1 Like