HW6.4 based ESC - ESCape

@Surfer estimated weight in aluminium is 193g

@Mobutusan it can be done and wouldn’t bo so dificult. When I finish that I’ll think about it and see if there’s a interest.

@eb1925 :joy:

@bevilacqua I can check that once prototype is done but main goal is to be affordable

@Silverline @stewii will have them to :wink:

Thank you all for good words :wink:

5 Likes

I did, and now i did again. Can’t find it. But thank you sir.

@LukePL Nice.

I contact him :slight_smile:

Sorry if it has been mentioned before, but what are the dimensions for the cut outs, i need to make in my enclosure :slight_smile: ?

Is it really a part way though? As i understand this is just a cheaper but same Quality VESC 6. It’s still prone to any failures that Focboxes or VESC6 have. Unless there’s been improvements that I haven’t caught aside from MPU.

An amazing alternative to current ESC that I’m about to hit stewii up for ? Hell Yea. But a partway ? Eh.

This is how it looks like in black (need to get different screws)

23 Likes

Don’t worry… ‘Jason’, it’ll be an alternative anyway. Better than expensive (twice the price) or impossible to get (China shipment gremlins) VESCs.

Close but the ‘a’ and ‘s’ are different letters .And oh yea no doubt. Far better than Trampa (i don’t understand how they’re not shitting their pants with these cheaper just as good alternatives) and the stock unavailability of Focboxes. I’m just saying that theyr’e all these are , alternatives. Not next step. Next step would be a VESC 7.

2 Likes

I don’t think the care much, they are making a shit ton of money on their other stuff, also they maybe ordered a batch of 100 or so that’s like less than a 800$ or so.

How do you know they don’t have color-changing pants? They might…

If running 12S on these, do we still need to be mindful of the 60k ERPM limit and use a lower KV motor?

Nope, 100-120k erpm is ok

2 Likes

Scepy you are confident at 120k erpm, do you think a 540kv 10 pole (5 pole pairs) @12s will survive?

What would be the erpm on that, too lazy to do the math myself :stuck_out_tongue:

without any weighting it would be 23,976rpm, 119,880erpm.

Oh, yeah that should be no problem

1 Like

Is there another BOM list? cant open this dropbox file on my phone:/

It opens in Safari on iOS but you could try to download AndrOpen Office if on Android.

It does not open in safari for me, i even download the dropbox app, no luck.

Try WPS office

Wps office also doesn’t work. Format not supportrt in both apps… Someone got another BOM list?:slight_smile: