HW6.4 based ESC - ESCape

No. Does it look like made on DIY CNC? New batch is made on Brother RX450 X1

11 Likes

Yeah could be down, anything designed for dual? what about rounding out those wire slots like my revision of stewii’s?

2 Likes

You mean round? Look at last picture.

2 Likes

why do axes of fixings of different diameters escape M4 and VESCsix M5 … and different distances also of a few milimetres …

A=71mm B=38mm M=4 A=67 B=39 M=5a

ok just a few mm but a few mm important when the support is already operational …

I believe that no one though that it might be important to do that.

When the ESCape was made I didnt have the VESC6 dimensions, never thought of it to be exactly the same and didnt know there was advantages (being compatible with pre drilled mounting holes, boxes, etc ). Maybe on the next iteration of the housing if people really want it to be like that.

1 Like

What are overall dimensions of the case? Or are there even 3d files?:slight_smile:

It’s 77x70x16,5 mm plus pcb cover on top

1 Like

no problem stewii it was just a personal remark … you were great in conforming to my request … sorry for throwing a pave into the pond

1 Like

This is awesome. We will stop reading stupid nonsense from down under with these lame “China closed for the new year this…” “when China that…” “China blah, blah, blah…” :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

Kudos @stewii !! :+1: :grinning:

3 Likes

Interested in a dual version, any makers?

1 Like

Working on it. :wink:

3 Likes

Yes ! Cool :+1: I’m in with @banjaxxed

It would be nice to do something like this so as to enclose/seal to deck, 7mm rubber gasket, 6mm phase holes, 13mm long power hole

5 Likes

Deffo would be nice to have a heavy duty rubber case/mount, i’ve been looking at 9cm-10cm square rubber bench blocks and thinking… i wonder if its possible to hand cut or even mill out a snug sleeve…

1 Like

The alloy is needed for heat dissipation, apart from that would need milling

It would be “in my tiny and somewhat poor quality low rez imagination” open topped showing the ally off and allowing it to cool and be cool… :slight_smile:

That gasket could be 3d printed with ninjaflex

You need the additional mass and thermal contact to aluminum for good heat dissipation, open air isn’t really enough as @stewii charted

1 Like