HW6.4 based ESC - ESCape

absolutly wonderful! great to see its bullet proof at high erpm

If I aquire a new skill im the process I’m okay with ruining s couple boards :smile: I also learned to never order the exact BOM since parts cost fractions of pennies sometimes.

1 Like

I just taught myself an $80 lesson yesterday trying to make a carvon fiber deck it’s all in the game brother

4 Likes

Yes, but by ordering not exactly the same parts (lower quality for fewer pennies) you might add one extra “O” to the BOM.:laughing:

I meant order more than exactly them BOM because the little parts are never to be found once dropped and dont break the bank to order 50 instead of 4.

1 Like

That makes sense.

@bimmer Are you doing hand soldering or hot air soldering?

Hot air I think my stencil was too thick and added to much solder paste…

Hi Stewii,

At those high erpm, are there still any noise differences bewteen BLDC and FOC?!

Thierry

Off topic here @stewii but can you please pm me, I would love to purchase some of your boards.

Yes there are, I recorded it, first is BLDC then FOC.

4 Likes

Thank you for the recording. It sounds like a little lower frequency on FOC. stewii are you making any progress? Looking forward to putting it to work.

Update:

With the help of @Stewii, I was able to fix the DRV error.

Everytime I moved the USB plug from the slave ESC a DRV error was stored, at first I thought the cause was a bad DRV or USB plug solder joint.

When I disassembled the ESC I found the temperature wire crooked against all electronics the screws were compresssing it even more against the motherboard.

Once I routed that wire correctly and bolt the ESC back again, BOOM! no more DRV error.

I’m running BLDC at the moment but tomorrow I’ll go back to FOC.

Sorry to all you guys for throwing wrong information about the blow DRV chip.

ESCapes are working amazing so far.

7 Likes

I’d like to anounce that she’s alive.

Update! Thanks stewie for such a great product. I whipped up a quick and dirty battery to bench them and they run great. Ran a 245KV outrunner at fully charged 12S on FOC. full speed, stop, full speed, reverse, back and forth nothing cogging or weird noise and most of all no DRV error.

8 Likes

Did you solder it all yourself?

Yeah I bought all this stuff just to make it too.

19 Likes

Thanks.

Thierry

That is impressive. :clap:

Filled out and submitted the google form.

I hope I’m not too late to jump in on this.

1 Like

Another update:

I’m back at FOC the ESCapes are working pretty good after temporarily fixing the flexing of the mother board, not a single fault, pretty reliable and fun to run it in FOC.

Highly recommended this ESCape

2 Likes