HW6.4 based ESC - B-box

I’d be willing to help with requirements of lvl 3 member and handling the group buy.

PM me @Bimmer and we can work out something.

2 Likes

I am still bankrolling this myself everything has been purchased by me. You are not participating in a group buy but merely reserving one for yourself, if that breaks the rules I will remove that option and sell them on a first come first serve basis.

2 Likes

@Cobber

I’m fine with him doing this, if you dont like being the police then dont be. Let an admin yell at him if he’s breaking the rules, until then i’d prefer if everyone lets him do his thing.

A group buy implies someone acting as a middle-man, this however seems more like a simple business selling a product.

1 Like

The admins, if they see something that violates the rules, will just close the topic with a succinct post as to why they shut it down.

The rules are in place for a reason. Yes it’s frustrating for those trying to establish themselves and help the community, but rules are rules and there are reasons behind each one.

On another note, I hope this thread doesn’t get shut down. Hopefully a level 3 member will volunteer to help with this situation, since it’s a great opportunity for the community to have access to HW6.4 without the exorbitant price tag.

5 Likes

yet again it seems the near youngest member of the forum is also showing the most maturity… tiz a crazy world…

1 Like

guys…

@Cobber is right. You don’t get lvl 3 from sitting around afk and doing nothing… you’d think they’d realize that regulars (me and cobber both have 20+ days read) know the rules just a bit better than they do… guess not :thinking:

1 Like

I’ll help if need be…just put me on the list of people to get one… Haha

Really. I don’t think this is a group buy as @bimmer is fronting everything himself. And at a later date selling. No funds exchanged to make the product go to production. He is selling the once they are in hand. I think he’s fine.

doesn’t reserving one cost $$?

if no, then carry on, he can sell as long as he doesn’t collect money before the product is in his hand.

@bimmer as a level 2, you can sell parts in the new items catagory. Whether it’s a group buy or Pre-order or reservation or what ever you want to call it. As a level 2, you may not take members money until you have the items ready to ship. You need to just buy the parts and make the Esc’s and then sell them on a first come first serve basis. I am shutting this topic down and you can repost your Esc’s for sale when you have them ready to ship.

8 Likes

I am reopening this topic in lieu of @bimmer recent promotion to level 3

22 Likes

congrats on the upgrade @bimmer, welcome back to the thread!

3 Likes

Thank you @Namasaki

An update on the Esc’s, PCB’s and Covers are inroute.

Heatsinks are here and I might solder up an ESC this afternoon to send to @longhairedboy so he can abuse it.

It would still be the old Pcb not the new 2Oz and immersion gold one.

For now I have ordered the basic BOM which would give you only the ESC (FOC/BLDC) functionality and no NRF or motion sensor. Is this enough or do people want the NRF? (I am under the impression there is only 1 remote that works so far and it has to be assembled). I am looking into having those made as well but we just signed to build a house and I probably won’t get the OK to start another project until this one is done with.

2 Likes

i can’t speak for eveyone, but as long as PPM and UART are physically present i’m good.

1 Like

What purpose does the motion sensor have on the esc?

1 Like

Just imagine a 4.12 that doesn’t fry and comes in a fancy box. Can forwarding works wonderfully and also I have turned them On one after another and it did not kill one or both like the old one :smiley:

1 Like

I really do not know it was on the BOM.

1 Like

Mainly Robotics, and other smaller aplications I think. VESC 6.X is suposed to be a more open platform.

Cheers, Mathias

1 Like

So for our application we can spare ourselves the extra parts.

1 Like