10ch

4 Likes

M-ESC, how about that

VeSc6

10ch

6CSEV?

10Ch

2 Likes

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/s320x320/sh0.08/e35/c135.0.810.810/25024151_426322311104271_4654613967442804736_n.jpg

5 Likes

Where is even the ESC in that lol

1 Like

Itā€™s backwardsā€¦

4 Likes

Dumb me, thanks for showing it

2 Likes

VESCalator VI

1 Like

Name it FrESC and even Frank will be happy!

2 Likes

@trampa can i name my shampoo-brand VESC6?

2 Likes

Hi,

@bimmer, before you go any further, I highly suggest you to contact those factory to see exactly the work they will do for you. They could also guide you through the hole process. Because you canā€™t just get a quotation from there website, it is never really representative of the reality. I was reading your quotation and some of these number seemed off, and other important part are missing.

Also, Time wise it isnā€™t really adding up, I can tell you from experience a project like this is can easily take 3-4 month (not 10 days), and you probably have to invest 150-200hours of tour own time (just for the production, Iā€™m not talking about supporting your product)

As for your question Ā« Is it worth the risk? Ā» it is up to you, If youā€™re ready to take the risk, why not, but it is far from being a easy project, specially if you have no experience.

8 Likes

Anywayā€¦ the extra partsā€¦ the extra costā€¦ No 100% dutyā€¦ Iā€™ve got four sitting hereā€¦ Theyā€™re no better then the focbox to me as it standsā€¦

Iā€™m sure people will buy it. But I sure hope you know what to do when people donā€™tā€¦ Or thereā€™s failures.

Mind you to explain a bit this? No 100% duty, do you mean duty cycle? I didnā€™t read anything about it, please.

So none of this is set in stone and the prices were more to get your attention. This thread is more about is it legal or notā€¦ My knowledge about manufacturing is not up for debate especially not based of of what I do in this forum after workā€¦ No of yā€™all money is at risk I will end up with working boards or not. I will weigh my options on new designs with or without nrf and without that garstly gyro sensor. Also I will schedule an appointment with a lawyer just to be safe. The money wont hurt (me) if it fails my wife might be mad thoughā€¦I will rather do my research.

Just FYI the price for the cases is agreed upon I just donā€™t wanā€™t to show my emails around a public forum. Also the price for the parts as of now is with NRF and is also not avariable. I assume prices for the fab and assembly may change as I have so far only asked @stewii the price for 40 pcbā€™s and if he would sell me his gerber files which the latter has not been responded to yet.

3 Likes

I agree with you 100% and I am thank full for any input you have. I have 6 years of experience in manufacturing aircraft parts but have never guided a whole project from start to end. Also electronics arenā€™t my field but I assumed something I soldered up on my kitchen counter would be cake work for a factory.

3 Likes

Vesc4 and below couldnā€™t do 100% duty because of only two current sensors and the time delay between phases so it is limited to 0.95 or 95% duty in the software

The 6 schematic has 3 current sense circuits, but still cannot do 100% duty reliably. Even though the DRV supports 100% duty. Thatā€™s it.

4 Likes

Thanks a lot, that was a nice explanation. :+1:

Just donā€™t call it a Vesc

Bimmer ESC (BESC)

3 Likes