Hummie vs Devin (Volts conversion to amps)

Watts propel and amps for accelerating? I’m still hoping we can figure out what a volt does in a motor.

Ansomehow voltage gets converted to amps. That’s the part id like to know. Tell me something I don’t know

You guys are crazy jumping at every thread.

Volts are there to provide the amps… If they have to be used. Otherwise they are just there …

volts converted to amps

http://vedder.se/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=45&start=10

I’ve been down this road before.

Why do u tell me there longwinded basic elec explainations that aren’t related to what I’m saying. Another water analogy? How about how voltage in a motor is converted to torque.

Oo my god it’s never ending

Voltage is converted to amps. Read what I linked. This isn’t the thread and it’s been done before. I just brought it ip because pb1 defined wattage and torque with vague wording and it brought it back up. I’m done with it.

Did u read what I linked? I keep linking for you and it’s not getting anywhere. Vedder and Ren, who designed the vesc and a similar other esc, tell volts get converted to amps by the Vesc. Argue with them in vedder’s chat site, then come back and tell me how it works

I’m repeatedly saying I don’t know how it works but it’s the case. Why so stubborn. Just trying to send u the right way.

No it doesn’t imply voltage is zero and conversion doesn’t have to be complete. We both know and hope U don’t explain it again that it takes both components

Vedder quote:

The achieve the same performance on 200kv 6s as on 100kv 12s you have to double the current, which will generate four times more heat in the VESC for a given torque. The motor will not care much, but the simple answer is that the VESC is much better suited for 12s 100kv than 6s 200kv.

As rew mentioned, if you are using far less current than the VESC can supply anyway it won’t matter, but in this case I’m sure that you are using more current than that.

Regarding running a motor on low modulation with high battery voltage, that is fine for the VESC. The phase current is what will cause heat. So if you have a 200kv motor and never run more than a certain speed where 6s is enough, 12s will work almost as well as 6s heat-wise and generate less heat in the cables between the battery and the VESC. Running on low modulation and high voltage will cause more ripple though, which make things slightly less efficient.

@devin has explained a lot of electric principles, added formulas, wiki quotes etc… @Hummie You just keep quoting Vedder, who btw never said that volts are converted to amps. You seems very short sighted, and mostly driven by “experiences” you make. It’s time to get a little more theorical. But If you just want to hijack EVERY SINGLE THREAD with your "Voltage is converted to amps"sentence based on no quote by vedder and saying that “you don’t know how it is working”, please stop replying.

4 Likes

We’re on different pages and ur on the same page repeatedly. Just stop…check yourself…mull it over in your mind and say " do I really want to give more basic electricity examples to try to define a speed controller that’s obviusly more complex.?"