Hummie Deck: New Wood & Carbon Decks. GROUP BUY - Round 5 $125 (Shipped US) + Worldwide shipping POST 2268

Cheap and slow can be got for just under £20. A little faster and trustworthy couriers £25 upwards.

I think you should get a small stock of them from @Hummie, looks like more EU people want to hop in :wink:

1 Like

I’m getting some stock from this next batch…

4 Likes

Sweet, and that would bring the total up to <>?

Dudddeeeee! Tell me more about this build.

1 Like

These boards are amazing. I am very happy with my 2

1 Like

People in the USA I’ll be doing an enclosure as well using the new slightly wider version of round 3 and I’ll sell a 3d printed copper 18650 compression pack that will fit 12s4p I designed a long time ago that wouldnt fit the older version.

very simple minimalist design that can flex and uses rubberbands for compression. image image

5 Likes

any in stock and shipping to croatia?

It’s about time you showed photos. How do you do the circles in copper? Is that gold plated? Have you considered 3M Poron for compression?

its a print in a print so the copper is sandwiched. the copper is also formed into those nubs using a press that i print and then stick in my arbor press. I havent done testing of the resistance but bet it’s got much less than nickel strip. it’s pretty thick copper and can get a lot of compression. i was planning to plate it with tin or something or read there’s even a dip you can do, but it takes a loooong time for the copper to tarnish in my experience and especially with a slight dab of conductive paste and doubt it will diminish in conductivity bare for a long time.
Ive made packs using compression foam behind the copper and seen commercially available packs with it… still tempted to try to work it into a design actuallly. because then the compression can be inside. damn you got me back on that and have to try that again. …then could be glued down to the deck and also be the encasement.

2 Likes

I’m planning on holding a bit of stock, looks like shipping to Croatia would be a killer though. I don’t seem to be able to find it any cheaper than £30.

1 Like

Its in a plan to be ordered in a month or so so if you don’t mind i would pack a ton of stuff in there so it will be worth those 30 :smiley:

1 Like

I should have the new ones in a month or so too.

1 Like

If you go to these lengths you should complete the journey with a test similar to N.E.S.E. :wink:

2 Likes

@Hummie is it still possible to get in on this group buy?

Yes. Round 3 is currently active. Please fill out the form and send payment to @Hummie as indicated on the form

https://goo.gl/forms/meCGz1gfiZnN7lzo2

N.E.S.E. has tested and tested again. i saw his old test video with a crying baby in the background on endlesssphere and this one looks more intense. i plan to test the old fashioned way riding around on rough roads and then going to the infrared thermometer. if you have any good ideas on a design throw me a bone. the design i posted above requires rubberbands and then it still needs an enclosure. Surely with a 3d printer and maybe foam and the cutout in the board something that could satisfy both needs of protection and connections could be wrapped into one and something could hold the cells, protect them, and be fixed to the deck somehow

@betterlate hope to see you on the list. We’re like 2/5ths of the way there.

1 Like

Dude you’re getting me fired up, but I think I have to finish my NESE based project first…

I do have one thought. since 2 cells fit end-to-end across the width, if you have compression, all you have to do is provide structure. That saves a bunch of space and stuff.

2 Likes

i want this new deck but already have three, anyone need a deck right now, like i have them on hand.

$130 shipped US.

1 Like

Or 120$ shipped from me and i have them on hand too in San Francisco.

1 Like