Hub Motor & Urethane Riding Qualities

Nah…I’ll just make parts that measure up to my own expectations. So far so good.

2 Likes

lol, I rode something that looked similar to this during my first 10 years of skateboarding life, 73mm is actually considered a very large wheel for most skaters

1 Like

Consumer are only losers when their favorite brands have their head stuck in the sand, find bull-shite excuses not to innovate & go broke whilst beating a dead horse…

My first car was an American motors Eagle…we all have been young and dumb , living on the cheap ignorant of what things can be.

And would you say that they’re better than 97mm 75a wheels?

1 Like

I’ll stuff my fucking horse before I’ll forego quality longboard components on an E-longboard

2 Likes

Defiantly the highest quote I’ve had so far. But it’s still temping…

What are your impressions on wide wheels, like the centrax, on ride condition, compared to a similar sized, narrower wheel?

1 Like

I will agree here. But also, you’d never ride 30 mph on a some of these roads you have to out here in SF with that board. Maybe you just have good roads in Australia?

That’s not a longboard, but it explains your mindset and need to tic tac.

1 Like

I haven’t had any issues with my Carvon’s either when it comes to the motor on the hangar. The sleeves do get some nicks, but nothing major. I get similar damage on my belt drive motor cover, but it’s concentrated to the same area instead of being distributed around the whole sleeve.

2 Likes

Just had the “pleasure” to ride such a product on relatively smooth tarmac. My feet are still numb… The deck is stiff like a plank and the wheels are hard like a rock. If you have never ridden a board before, you might find that acceptable. This must be how skateboards feel like… In this case it was really the first board the guy owned. I gave the guy my board for 15 minutes and you could see how disappointed he was about his plank after just 15minutes of riding a high performance board.

I was really shocked by the performance. The product seams to be purely designed to look stylish when you carry it around the campus and this is what sells on the internet. If people would buy their equipment in a shop, comparing different models, that thing would still sit on the shelf.

With regards to race cars: Nice on the track, useless for every day usage. Setting a record in a 5-10 minute ride doesn’t require ride comfort at all. If you want to win a race, you are prepared to suffer. I would not want to use a car, being set up like a race car. There is a reason why regular cars are different to race cars. Big alloy rims with thin tires do not offer the best comfort. It’s all about style, trying to indicating performance (of the usually male driver). A show off feature… A car has the big advantage of having a suspension system that can swallow most of the discomfort those wheels produce. A skateboard doesn’t have such a feature. If you combine that with a stiff deck you get a board potentially causing medical issues sooner than later.

From a sales point of view I can understand hubs, don’t get me wrong! We thrash our boards down shitty roads, down the trails and through the parks. With a board I can choose different paths than I do when driving my car through the rush hour. In consequence I set it up for the task. Horses for courses… We have plenty of cobble stone over here, tarmac that suffered from winter etc.

Frank

7 Likes

Custom built belt drive boards are the future because that’s what i’m selling so its superior in every way to everything else.

Calm down, kids. There’s plenty of room for all of us.

21 Likes

Nah they are shit bro, F@#king huge country, few people… If I took a picture of my road, or even of me pushing a long board down it jumping up and down bouncing all over the place you would be like WTF

1 Like

The irony being you linked a picture of the trucks @ChrisChaput designed, and posted a video of Mischo eating shit because the thin urethane on his hub motors failed :joy:

9 Likes

You are either misinformed are attempting to do so to others.

You do not seem to understand how much dampening we get from good wheels on rough roads. This one of the many reasons that you, as a designer, should be spending more time riding and less time editing kick flip videos.

21 Likes

HA! I’m building an NGV based board next month. Shit should be arriving in a couple of weeks.

Florida has shit roads too which is why i love softer wheels. I can’t imagine riding on thin thane.

2 Likes

New for 2018!!!

Raptor V3 with THANELESS HUB MOTORS (Trademarked and Patented)

Thaneless Hub Motors are the Fastest, Smoothest and Most Efficient - They are the future of Electric Skateboards!

Proven: Trains use steel wheels and go Super Fast

Proven: Urethane causes drag and is less efficient

Proven: Eliminating urethane allows better cooling

I’ve spent hundreds of thousands on R&D and am way ahead of all you idiots!

Just a prediction. : )

26 Likes

I’m already sold :laughing:

1 Like

none of you have anything on my new Turbo IceSheet peltier system! i create a sheet of ice under your board as you move forward using ColdAF Turbo technology! Then the heat from the other side of the cooling system is compressed and used as thrust! that’s right! jet turbine ice sheet boards!

Careening out of control on a mostly frictionless plank is the future! Life’s too short to steer!

18 Likes

What in the f*k? The direction this thread went is just…weird. Ya’ll better be building these new motors cause I got my bags of money here waiting for them. Get them done in a year or we riot!