How to control acceleration?

I appreciate all the input. @EssEnn let me know how it goea, I’d really like to implement this for my kid. I’ll post if I find anything else.

this keeps coming up recently. I have arduinos, servos right in front of me…lets see how far i get before i get distracted…

If we’re looking for the simplest option for a beginner mode the benchwheel remote has a 50% max throttle function which works quite well with beginners

Also. There is a new BLDC tool that offers throttle curve control. It can achieve a similar result.

@saul Im looking forward to what you come up with. @Luke I have been trying to get a benchwell remote, they are currently out of stock. I’ll try that when I can get one. @onloop I assume that is a VESC tool? Would you mind linking to the info?

This thread here: http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/extended-bldc-tool-with-watt-control-mode-ppm-cruise-control-and-individual-throttle-curve/12286

Here’s one available in the US, and what Ill prolly get depending on the results @EssEnn gets.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00P4VIG74/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=6CC4IY62S5BU&coliid=I34T9KX94M3CIV

I got the email this afternoon saying it had shipped so it should be with me tomorrow with any luck otherwise Wednesday. ,

the way i did what you are speaking of is i set my max amps to 40 and my motor is rated for 60 amp max pull. this gives a slow acceleration to help new riders. im using a sk3 5055

Has anyone invented a way to adjust the parameters using an app or so? Im not very knowing about the vesc… but just wanted to make sure is it possible or not…

@im-done I dont think I can do that with the Castle Mamba Monster 2. Settings below…

yes now that i think about it you should be able to with the throttle curve! thanks never even thought about the curves.

Ive got it adjusted as well as I can but when you hit the throttle full the board still rockets forward. The acceleration curve is great for control of the speed but not so much for the actual ramp up.

that makes sense kinda because its just musher in the center of the range than drops off. i used that on my radio to help me start the bard and not die, but i know amp draw settings on the vesc will work for what you are doing.

@im-done That’s cool, I’m going to go with a VESC when I get my aluminum deck rebuilt, I just don’t want to change the electronics too much until I know what issues Im going to have. With the enclosure I printed I’m going to have some creative wiring getting everything connected inside 3x1.5 inches.

@Okami & @mmaner - The little gubbin just arrived and I will give it a little test tomorrow night!

1 Like

@EssEnn thank yousir, I am looking forward to hearing how it goes. This could be the answer to getting my wife back on a board, therefore letting me skate more as well :slight_smile:

bring your punch control rate down. That adjusts your startup power.

I have tried that, I started at 100% and decreases at 20% increments to 20%. The only change I saw was the ability to start without kick off. At 60% the board would still throw me, at 40% it wouldn’t move without a kick.

ok funny behavior :smiley: what about the value above? max forward power?