How should I arrange my batteries on my aluminium board? SOLVED

My main concern is clearance. Let’s say I go with the two ZIPPY 4000mAh 10S batteries and lay them down on their side. They would lay on their 44mm side which is less than 2 inches(50.8mm) so they would fit in between the rails but they would stick out 66mm. I’m using TorqueBoards v2 Pro Trucks So I’m unsure of high they are. My board also has a drop down frame so the battery would mount about 10mm lower than my trucks.

Diagram of battery height

You could make a flat pack

Hit me up for custom battery solutions.

I can make you Lipo Flatpacks Or liion packs.

I have a brand new 12s flatpack lipo on hand, i can add a BMS and charger with on/ off switch

1 Like

What is a flat pack and how do I make one?

You can make a custom pack that could fit my dimensions?

Yes i make custom packs. A flat pack is a lipo pack that is gutted out and put back together in flat orientation. I’ve built many packs for people on this forum without a bit of duct tape in them lol

Awesome, Do you think you could make one that is 10s with a capacity 6,000 to 10,000 and less than 2 inches wide?

that is a heavy request but…

With lipo i need at least 2.5 inches. EDIT- i can order a lipo battery that would allow for less than 2 inches. quality is questionable though. It would need a bms to ensure longevity

Lion i can work with 2 inches as long as you have enough length. how much length am i working with?

Even with the entire 21.5 inches. i can only make a 8s3p pack. youre prob gonna have to go with Lipo

Interesting issue, I have the Oat soda board. I’m going with bigger wheels to solve the same issue.

I think you can use 26650 cells they’re shorter than 2inches I think…

That’s also an awesome board. I’m using 83mm wheels, which is pretty standard for Eboards but pretty big for me and what I usually board on. What battery are you using?

According to this build which is a12S3P battery using 26650 cells, which is almost exactly the same voltage as a 10SLiPo(37V), it would not work. The length of the 26650 cells is 65mm(2.5 inches) which is half an inch to long. Thanks for the help though.

2 Likes

Oh okay my bad I wasn’t sure about the dimensions.

I haven’t 100% decided yet. I want to get the wheels and trucks sorted then I can work out what ground clearance I have to work with.

This is my deck https://www.flickr.com/photos/gordyhand/28399644966

How does quality become an issue with less than 2 inches? I would consider a BMS but I am not to knowledgeable about how to set up a BMS. That would be another thing I would need to fit under the board, Are they big?

The only brand of lipo I know that is less than 2 inches wide is a decent quality brand. You have to take care of them for it to work properly and a BMS would insure long life

BMS bigger than 2 inches but it’s still small

That sounds like a pretty good option. How much capacity could you get me with a 10s voltage and less than 2 inches? Also, with a BMS does that mean I don’t need a balance charger?

I’ll have to do some research I’ll pm you

@PLEB You might want to check out this thread on making flat packs from regular lipo packs.

Courtesy of @barajabali

Thought I’d give the public an update on this battery I’m building for @PLEB s deck.

Going with lipo to get the most we can possibly get from the space given. These cells are less then 2 inches wide which will fit perfectly and the pack will be about 15 inches long at 10s1p 37v 8ah It will feature BMS with charger Soft switch Percentage display

(Possibly an enclosure)

4 Likes