Horrible Communication By AlexTech

Young’un

10char

Talk to you then buddy! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

A signed piece of paper from your parents stating that they’re aware of you selling stuff might be sufficient.

2 Likes

Maybe if you manage an internet business selling 200+ items a month through either Amazon, Etsy, or Ebay. Maybe the mods can get you a pass, but you gotta have some internet representation.

Since I’m one of the moderators on the r/esk8builders subreddit. I’m not going to be allowing the option of selling items cause each subreddit needs to have a self-policing community to protect against scams.

3 Likes

Maybe we as the community can put an inquisition your business skills such are you aware of current tax laws regarding the charging of sales tax to a person living in the same state as you versus an out of state buyer?

I completely understand.

I like to think i’m one of the most active members on here currently (don’t roast me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:). so was thinking maybe one of the mods could install some trust in me. @treenutter already has my phone number, I have a few customers that can vouch for me, what else do I need?

1 Like

unless i’m trippin, I’m pretty sure I only NEED to collect sales tax from customers in states that I have a legal presence in.

Just curious, did everyone get their money back from this endeavor? I read through this thread every once in a while and I don’t remember seeing what the final verdict was, other than out of the public eye.

nobody got their money back unfortunately. he got away with about $4000.

The tone of your comment suggests that you are unhappy with the speed of the response. However, we implemented this change months ago and posted about it. I don’t think it’s anyone’s place to complain about speed of response here, especially if you haven’t also attempted to contribute to the solution.

The mods here on the forum are volunteers and we do our best to help members make good choices with their purchasing. Despite that, we cannot arbitrate every sales interation that happens here, and we are not claiming to. We try to help, I actually care a lot about the community and I want everyone to have a good experience, but there’s not “verification process” in place… If someone starts a group buy we try to review it and make sure it’s legitimate. But like many things online: buyer beware. Do not send money to sources you do not trust.

2 Likes

@anorak234 see my post from today on this thread… it might be buried by now

@GrecoMan let’s discuss your specific activities separately. Personally, I trust you, but fair is fair… buyers need legal recourse if you’re going to do a group buy. We’ll figure out a way, you won’t be shunned because of your age!

2 Likes

yea I totally understand. if I could make myself legally responsible for all my actions I would.

btw I have no plans on doing an group buys anytime soon :wink:

1 Like

I’m somewhat salty about it, but I can’t remember when the “+18” change was made and the post is probably buried in usersub. At least we got the ending from this.

My apologies, I had only read from the flagged posts down. I appreciate your efforts, however I still believe that we need someone who was personally ripped off by him to take it to the police (or something along those lines) so that he has some form of writing on his record to let people know what he’s done. I’m aware that there are people here who live near his house, and although I think threatening him is a bad idea, I am not opposed to someone going over there and having a serious discussion with his parents. Would this be possible?

-I’ll add, for some reason I was the only one who managed to get a full refund from this kid for a shitty spot welder that he sent me.

1 Like

You can :wink: . Do what I did. Graduate high school at 16 (legal age for emancipation in my state), get a job (that actually pays decent), and ask your parents to kindly emancipate you. If they don’t want to, it’s not a requirement to have their permission. But if I were you, I would stay a kid for as LOOOOOOOOOONG as possible son!!! Get that allowance and build esk8 stuffz. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

if esk8 takes over my life that much someone’s gotta call the addiction hotline for me :joy:

1 Like

I agree with you but all the buyers have so far refused to do so. I have tried to get participation but nobody wants to take the step into legal action.

It’s scary to think that some rando can come on here and scam people out of thousands of $$$ and then laugh his way to the bank with no repercussions whatsoever

1 Like

I wouldn’t say there are no repercussions, he lost all of the money earned through sales by making poor choices and tanking his “business.” He doesn’t have a single penny of that $4000. He also burned a lot of people he once looked up to, and has no chance of reviving himself in the industry again.

But I know what you mean… it’s unfair that he was able to luck out. BTW, at any point one of his past customers could decide to report him.