Hobbyking in the esk8 market?

FYI: Hobby King is offering refunds if you ask about an order containing the conversion kit.

I think I’m going to have to take them up on the offer as they don’t even have a tentative shipping date.

1 Like

I have emailed HobbyKing to see if they have specs for Pulleys and Motor Mount ( bore, number of teeth etc) they are selling.

Here is the reply:

Hi Chris ,

I have checked for you and unfortunately, the manufacturer nor the supplier have not provided the specific number of teeth or belt measurements that you are requesting. From the information I have SKU: 9192000363-0 (Motor Mount) is a metal alloy composition and not just aluminum. Please understand that the Turnigy Skateboard Conversion Kit Spare Parts are intended to work only with the other Turnigy Skateboard Conversion Kit Spare Parts and Turnigy D5035-125KV Sensored Brushless Motor that is linked to them. If you use them in or with anything else it will void the warranty. The only options we do not carry for this kit are the wheels , bearings, and board itself. According to the information I have, the wheels it works with are 80mm

Thank you, for your patience and understanding regarding this. Sincerely Yours,

Bill A (USCS) HobbyKing Support Team Respectfully yours,

Bummer! So who’s going to get a set of pulleys and update us on the specs? :stuck_out_tongue:

Funny, we’ve used HK parts for a while and now they’re finally catching on. Can’t seem to view the link though. Getting a 404 error. High demand or (physical) technical difficulties?

High demand or (physical) technical difficulties?

Neither. Trademark difficulties.

Yesterday I ordered some suff from HobbyKing and thought I’d check on their skateboard parts… Looks like they updated pulleys/belt set listing with some specs:

Large gear: 36 tooth Overall Diameter: 56mm Center hole diameter: 25.9mm Width: 23mm Small gear: 15 tooth Overall Diameter: 27.9mm Width 23mm Belt Diameter: 91.1mm Width: 15mm

From these, I don’t think the product image is of actual product. Either specs or pics are lying, anyone bought/received this set yet?

VESC still not available, 404, thank you trampa.

Motor mount specs still not listed but there are couple of threads here with first looks/reviews/thoughts/measurements.

someone knows if the kit include a retainer to put into the wheel ? the wheel pulley can fit abec 11 wheels and clones?

2 Likes

Not my fault! Sorry.

Frank

back in stock

Has anyone actually bought this? I went back and looked today and the full kit is back in stock again. Just bought it. Not a big fan of HK’s business ethics but this will just be on a little commuter cruiser, I’m planning on doing a proper high speed 12s build soon with dual hub motors (@Hummie :wink: ) and quality parts. Will let you guys know how the kit quality is once I receive it.

1 Like

Got a board built up with this kit today. Build was an hour tops, would have been faster if I didn’t take ages to figure out I had the mount on the wrong side of the truck. I’ve just been running 8s (2x4s2200) so far, but will be upping to 12s (2x6s5800) in a few days. If I understand correctly, torque won’t increase with voltage right? In any case, I can definitely say it’s got plenty of torque for me so far. Took a good while to manage to accelerate without popping a wheelie (24" kicktail deck probably doesn’t help with that).

I’m very impressed with the quality of the parts, especially the mount. Seriously beefy chunk of metal. Motor is really nice too, very high quality and the a solid deal for a sensored motor. My only complaint is that while the included trucks are fairly decent, the bushings are awful. Not even PU, Seems to me like they’re some sort of polycarbonate. I’ll be throwing some orange nipples on here right away.

Not a lot of riding footage, but here’s my first few attempts (in cinematic vertical video thanks to my talented cameraman). Will post some decent pictures soon.

3 Likes

LoLz judging by the [cinematically vertical] video, it has too much :stuck_out_tongue:

Nah I got used to it after a while. I’m used to riding cruisers with my back foot right up on the kicktail at all times for maneuvering, turns out that makes riding electric completely impossible. After about 30 minutes I was zipping up and down the road screaming like a madman. Good thing the brakes are powerful, although being single drive I really had to get my weight over the rear wheels to have decent braking traction.

1 Like

Lol hobbyking about to get a million of complaints about fried vesca

1 Like

Is it running in FOC? Seems very quiet

1 Like

Did anyone order or knows what are these parts for?

Obviously the top right part is is some sort of a motor pulley cover, but the other stuff?!? Could be the wrong image as well…

Motor pulley cover is self explanatory, black ring in top left is the back plate that sits on the inside of the drive wheel, and the wheel is sandwiched between it and the drive pulley by the four long bolts you see in the bottom left. Short screws are for mounting the pulley cover, and the brass ring sits around the shaft and prevents rubbing on the mount plate, but I didn’t use it as I didn’t experience any rubbing and the brass was making contact with both and causing a squeaking sound.

2 Likes

Cheers, I thought that might be the retainer ring but then again, weird that doesn’t come with pulley set they are selling. But it is good info to know, @tueboard actually asked about the retainer few posts above :slight_smile:

i can confirm that the wheel retainer is not included with the wheel and motor pulleys, weird!

Yeah, retainer is in that other set. Do you have any pics of the pulley set? I don’t trust the product image on the HK site :slight_smile:

Good price for a VESC with a one year warrany

HobbyKing.com accepts no responsibility for the improper installation and use of purchased products. The warranty period is… 1 year for other products such as internal parts (ESC, motor, servo, etc.) … The warranty period is effective unless otherwise stated on the product listing.

Too bad it is based on 4.10 hardware, instead of 4.12. You could add the capacitor yourself, but I bet it would void the warranty. Stick with BLDC and it shouldn’t be much of a problem