High Power 10s Lipo Battery Pack with BMS

Those look interesting with their software adjustability. I’m not positive but I think they are rather pricey. And you will have to buy the optional computer adapter to connect it.

If your just staring out, 10s is probably a better choice seeing that it is easier to manage the power than 12s. One benefit with the bms that I use is that it has a built in E-switch saving you at least $45 that you would spend on an external E-switch. And some of it’s parameters are adjustable as well. Only you have to request them when you order it and they are set at the factory.

Also i was wondering if i could get secure enough and high enough amp connectors that i could plug all the cells together, was thinking i could then unclip to replace cells or make plane legal.

There was a long thread on here about plane legal cells and my understanding is, if they are standard off the shelf cells, correctly rated and under 100kw they are fine, so thinking 5 of these cells once separated would be okay.

do you think bullet connectors of the type used on the battery work for this?

I would trust the 5.5mm bullet connectors for an application like that. They are heavy duty and fit together tightly and they don’t come apart with vibration. They work well with heavy gauge silicone wire like 12ga and 10ga And they do not add a lot of bulk to your wiring as other connectors will.

yeah i’ve seen them at eu 130 which obviously isn’t keep how does that compare to the 10s version you went for?

Great think i’ll give that a try then!

The one I use is only $49 plus shipping and PayPal fees. Total is about $68 ea. Bestech’s order min is 2 bms’s

If you don’t need 2 or don’t want to have a spare, you can sell the extra bms on the forum easily.

Btw, the have a facility in Germany to service Europe

So they might actually let me buy the 10s and 12s as a minimum order and it could still work out cheeper? that’s worth knowing, i don’t really want another board to programme in any case, although the battery level info on the HCX-D328 sound cool.

Except, you need to monitor battery level while riding. How you gonna do that with LED’s on the bms that you can’t see. Better to have an inline meter mounted through the top of your deck so you can just look down to check the battery.

Like this

1 Like

I don’t know if they do that or not. I never tried that. It can’t hurt to ask them.

I cant figure out how to order BMS on bestechpower website. can you suggest how to buy products there please?

Bestech sales are done through email. Send an email to [email protected] requesting to purchase the bms module. The minimum purchase is for 2 modules. The cost is $49 ea. plus shipping and PayPal fee. If you don’t want to keep the extra module, they are easily sold on this forum. Some of the parameters are adjustable at the factory and you will need to specify your preferences during the order process. I recommend these settings for Lipo batteries, for Li-ion you could lower the over discharge voltage detection to 2.8v

2 Likes

thank you for help. so i just have to tell them that i have 8s3p battery and that is it and what kind bms i want to buy?

You need this one: http://bestechpower.com/296v8spcmbmspcbforli-ionli-polymerbatterypack/PCM-D223V1.html

1 Like

yes sir, this is the one. i just emailed her. second bms i will get 10s since majority of people on the form use 10s battery packs. or i will use it for my second elongboard that i want to build if this one will come out good. thank you again for help mate

1 Like

@tonystark Do you still have that 10s BMS? I’d take it off your hands :slight_smile:

No, i ordered from anothere website and you can buy only 1 there

Thanks for the info! :slight_smile: I’m looking at getting either the exact same batteries, or these softpacks (that are only 19mm thick! :open_mouth: ) :

As far as I can see the c-rating instead of being a solid 60c is 65~130 (weird) but overall specs seem to match the hard case packs. What do you guys think?

Those should work fine. The 65~130C means 65C continuous 130C pulse

The hard packs I used are 60~120C

1 Like

This is pretty cool @Namasaki . I’m thinking I need to do this as a cheaper alternative to my 10s4p samsung 22r pack that is giving me problems. I have a SuPower 10S 60a BMS (http://www.ebay.com/itm/221769582503?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT) laying around. Will that work with these batteries? Do you think I can fit this same battery setup in my master cho enclosure? The internal dimensions of the enclosure is about 21x6.5x1.14 but it narrows down slightly toward to ends.

The Supower bms will work and it sounds like the batteries will fit in that case.

1 Like