High Power 10s Lipo Battery Pack with BMS

What kind of BMS would I need with the 3s, and is there a hobby charger that would work with the graphene battery as well?

I read this threat many times and I am ready to connect my 3s 7000 mAh into a 10s lipo back. I just want to made sure I got it right before I begin. I have 3x 3s lipo packs and salveraged another broken 3s pack to get a 1s 7000mah battery. So. 3x 3s + 1x 1s= 10s 7000mah lipo. Any advice and suggestion would be appreciated because I donā€™t want to burn my house down or damage $120 of lipo.

Graphene charges the same as lipo as far as I can work out. At least I hope it does because thats how i storage charged my graphene batteries.

2 Likes

The Graphene is a Lipo battery

The graphene is basically a Lipo battery. You can use a hobby charger. If you are thinking of making an E-board with 3s voltage, forget it. You need at least 6s voltage. I recommend the Bestech bms. the Model that I use and is featured in this thread is available for 6s to 12s

Your wiring diagram checks out. There is very little chance of your batteries catching fire with this type of setup. The situations that would make your batteries catch fire would be

1. shorting them out long enough to make them ignite.
  2. trying to charge them with too high voltage. ( example: using a 48v charger on a 10s pack with no bms.)
  3. exposing the internals of the cell pouches to air or water while they are fully charged can cause explosive fire.

NOTE: I would highly recommend that you consider batteries with higher C rating because they will suffer less voltage sag and will last longer. 7ah batteries with 25C will work if thatā€™s what you have already.

1 Like

Thanks for the replay and advise. Yes. I should buy batteries with higher c rates but I can not afford new batteries now. One more question. I attached a diagram of my battery system that I want to bypass the bms on discharge. Does the diagram look ok?

I though I could use 6 of the 2s graphene batteries for a 12s6p setupā€¦? I know others have used five if the 2s lipo for a 10s setup.

Which batteries are you using exactly?

If you use 6 2s batteries that equals a 12s1p, a 12s6p would be 36 batteries

2 Likes

These ones. They were on special a while back so I bought two sets. This build is for a mate and not yet run it. I think it should have a bit of punch.

I prefer not to advise on bypassing. I do not recommend bypassing. And I am curious as to how you would control the regen charging when it goes straight into the battery and not through a bms.

Thatā€™s exactly what I was originally going to build for a 12s setup, but then for space sake I thought I would go with four of the 3sā€™s, but Iā€™m being told now that wouldnā€™t work? Iā€™m not sure why exactlyā€¦ It still makes a 12s setupā€¦?

How much more power could I get if I was to use this 2s battery?

What could I expect, more range, better acceleration, top speed, etcā€¦?

Less voltage sag which means more power, range and even speed

1 Like

I was just looking at some battery enclosures and came across Enertionā€™s SPACE battery packs, which seem exactly what Iā€™m looking for, but it seems like they stopped making themā€¦? Is this what happened? If so, is there another company that makes professional looking battery packs out there? Hopefully in the 12s seriesā€¦? I saw Enertion only did 10s, soā€¦ Yeah any help would be awesome!

I get your point. I will try to get a bms that can handle the discharge amp. How many amp should I get? 45amp discharge enough or 60amp or 80amp. I am runing dual motor 1650w each. 10s 7000mah 25c battery. ESC Max discharge is 2400w. I am 150lb. I am looking at a bms what spec below.

People use 10s to be kinder to the vesc. 12s was thought to be living on the edge and has been connected to failing vescs. Where in the world are you? Itā€™ll help to know where you are so people could offer up battery building services.

Iā€™m in Omaha Nebraska. I have no problem building any kind of battery I completely understand how to do that, I just would prefer something that looks professionalā€¦ Though since it seems that getting a battery like that isnā€™t likely, Iā€™m now looking into building a longboard from wood and carbon fiber / Kevlar and building in a spot for everything so itā€™ll be as thin as possible and look just how I want it. Iā€™ve got experience with building things like that so this will just add one more way I can fully customize my build!

Ok forgive me in advance, but I also have a motorcycle and I want to build a battery for it. The battery I am trying to replace is:

I want to use one of these battery blocs from :

http://www.batteryblocs.com

to build it. What setup would I need to get something comparable? I have a single cylinder 650 cc engine btw. I was thinking either the 6p2s or 8p2s, but Iā€™m not sure. Assume Iā€™ll use Samsung 30Qā€™s also. Thanks for your help!