High Power 10s Lipo Battery Pack with BMS

Thanks buddy. It all makes sense now. Very helpful schematic too. I’m sooo close to buying a handful of those batteries, since they’re down to $22.22/ea now. :scream:

$111 for 185wh @ 10s with 450A cont./675A burst output + ~$40 BMS sounds pretty sweet. Even if the specs are overinflated.

1 Like

Although Lipo specs are over inflated, when you get them in the 60-90C range, they absolutely Rock!

My 10s 5ah pack with 60C Turnigy Lipos only sags 1/2v when accelerating on slight grades and only 1v when charging up a 10%grade and I’m 195 pounds. They don’t swell, they don’t overheat.

So imagine how those Graphene 90C packs will perform!!! Especially since Graphenes are Turnigy’s most high performance battery. The sale price is crazy. I would buy an extra set just to save for backup.

How much range did you get on those again?

I get about 14 miles out if my setup, which is essentially like the @Namasaki hi-powered 10s pack other than mine are 30c cells. I still never sag below 1v, even on pretty large grades.

I just wanna say I wouldn’t have thought of constructing a pack like that without @Namasaki doing all the leg work, and I have 2 now, so good on you brother.

3 Likes

I maxed at 14 miles on flat ground with dual 6355s, I haven’t tested max range with my 6374s

1 Like

I think these Graphenes are gonna be just fine! Thanks so much for this thread.

6 Likes

Hey, I love your design. Can I pm you some questions?

Sure 10 characters

I will just ask here since people might want to ask the same questions. I might go a LITTLE bit above 10 characters lol. So, I am purchasing a BMS from bestech, but I still got few questions that I did not get an exact answer from the Bestech representative.

1. http://www.ebay.com/itm/262359346829?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT For these charging ports do you have to solder the wires on to the BMS or you just plug it in?

2. I got three 3s1p 5000mah 40C LiPo, will these balance lead work for them? NEW 12" JST 2S LIPO BALANCE LEAD EXTENSION SILICONE 22awg WIRE ADAPTER…

3. For me to solder something means to let them stay on FOREVER lol. If I solder the batteries together will they be able to charge balancely with the BMS or do I have to uninstall them periodically to balance charge them?

I feel bad to ask about these dumb questions, but I went through your post twice and could not wrap my head around this. You have my gratitude.

You misunderstood, I typed “10 characters” because the system requires at least 10 character for a post.

1 Like

LOL, @system stops you from posting if it’s below 10 characters, he wrote that so he could get over the limit

1: The charge port has to be soldered. The negative wire goes to the bms and the positive wire goes to the main positive of the battery.

2: 2s balance extensions will not work with 3s batteries because they have a different connector. 2s has a 3 pin connector and 3s has a 4 pin connector

3: The bms will balance the batteries after they are fully charged by trimming the highest cells down to match the lowest cells. If you ever needed to charge one of the 3s packs individually, you can by connecting the positive and negative charge leads of a hobby charger to the positive and negative wires of the pack you want to charge and connect the balance wires of that pack to the balance port on the hobby charger and use balance charge function. The pack your charging will be electrically isolated from the rest as far as the charge circuit is concerned. You would want to disconnect the balance leads from the bms before performing this operation. And be sure the bms is turned off.

1 Like

lol, sorry totally noob.

Thanks for your prompt reply. I will look for some JST 3S balance lead. Appreciate.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-0A-42V-Charger-For-Terminator-Sting-Spirit-Freedom-959-X-Treme-X-560-E-Scooter/382095075374?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160908110712%26meid%3D8b5c46ba110a4a0f96b0d823a429c49f%26pid%3D100677%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D3%26sd%3D142287772773&_trksid=p2385738.c100677.m4598 Hello, will this charger offer too low of an Amp?

Can you please take a look at my diagram and to see if I got it right? Thank you.

2a charge is fine.

Your diagram needs more detail concerning the balance wires. Namely, you need to show the numbers of the bms balance socket and 3s batteries will have 4 balance wires. Bottom line. Your main connections look good but I can’t tell anything about the balance wires and if you get those wrong, you’ll fry the bms

1 Like

Like this?

1 Like

That is not correct