High Power 10s Lipo Battery Pack with BMS

It will still show 2-3 volts when the bms is off. This is normal for the Bestech bms

Dam what the heck mine shows like 38 volts :frowning:

Do you have the Vescs connected

1 Like

Noo I didnt connect it yet. Does it matter if its connected? This is how it’s all currently connected

2 Likes

@Namasaki how do you think this would do on a MTB build?

Yes it matters, you need a load to drain the voltage down when you turn the bms off. several others have done the same test as you with the same results. As soon as they connected a load to the output of the bms, it worked correctly.

1 Like

this setup supplies plenty of power with minimum voltage sag so it should perform well on a mountain board. Range will likely only be 10-12 miles though.

ah i just tried it, fixed the problem. thanks so much!

1 Like

What if I used 4x 3s 8000mah 30c?

1 Like

12s / 8ah More range, power and top speed

And if i were to do two of those and then wire together that would be 12s 16ah correct?

Yes but those packs ar big and heavy. For me, the extra range would not be worth the extra bulk and weight.

I just want a MTB build with a range of at least 15 miles.

I think you will exceed 15 miles with 12s/8ah You might even see up to 20 miles riding flat ground

1 Like

I can find these batteries but the C rating is only like 10 or 15.

10-15C won’t cut it in IMO I would not go below 30C

thats what I was thinking. Trying to find higher rated batteries now.

Am I right in thinking that 5 x 2s 5ah 30c is a 10s1p. But the same setup again but wired together with original setup in parallel would be a 10s2p and should double range?

1 Like

Yes, it would be 10s2p and it should double range and current capability and reduce voltage sag even more.

1 Like

just wanted to say thanks to Namaski for all your help…

2 Likes