High Power 10s Lipo Battery Pack with BMS

Awesome! I’m thinking I’m going to try this out then. I’m a total dummy when it comes to batteries so hopefully you’re around to answer some questions so that I don’t blow myself up! Thanks for the response dude!

I’ll be around and I check the forum daily and I’m always glad to help if I can.

3 Likes

Test run today with hills. Data taken from one of 2 Vescs so battery current should be doubled. Voltage sag appears to be minimal.

4 Likes

Here’s another test run in the mission beach boardwalk. Mostly flat with some stop and go and braking for pedestrians. Mild acceleration Dual 6355 190kv, 15/40 gears 90mm wheels

1 Like

One more test run around the neighborhood with one really steep hill. 42a total battery current with 2v total Voltage sag on that hill.

3 Likes

How are you getting that log data from the VESC? Do you have to enter the wheel size some where for it to calculate the speeds?

Yes, wheel size and gear sizes

2 Likes

This setup is perfect for me. I got the same battery’s only differend BMS, one from ebay. I regred not taking the one you ordered because mine doesn’t have an e-switch so i bought that sepperately from alienpowersystem.

I am waiting for my vesc to arrive and then I can start my build (enertion vesc).

How many kilometers do you get of an full charge?

Thanks for the info, it helped me a lot!

If anyone is still looking for a 10S BMS, I have a brand new bestech for sale due to the minimum order of two. It has the switch built in and has been working flawlessly on my 2x6355 build. Im located in the US and prefer a US buyer.

2 Likes

10-12 miles 14 miles on flat ground if you take the battery down to 32v But I wouldn’t recommend that. I would recommend stopping no lower than 36v.

3 Likes

I only have 1 motor (6374/ 3150W/ 190Kv from torqueboards). Will I get more range?

Not really because one motor will be doing 100% of the work. Two motors do 50% of the work each. Running dual is easier on the motors and Vescs.

1 Like

whats the website you bought from ?

Whats a good cheap charger for those 2s lipos @Namasaki

1 Like

Battery supports sells a 5a brick charger for 10s that’s only around $50usd Or you can get a 2a charger for less

1 Like

Hey Ill buy your extra bms

Are you able to turn on the board while charging in order to check voltages and what not?

The bms has to be on while charging

is it better to solder all the battery packs or just use 4mm bullet wires to connect them in series?

Better to shorten the wires and solder them as I did. It’s more tidy and there’s less resistance in the system.