Help with Stealth | hi5ber, Zenith | Caliber 2 | single R-spec 190kv | Custom Carbon Enclosure | Spacecell | VESC

no worries, all part of the learning process!

Wow, this site is amazing. I was just totally spoon fed a guide to build one of these. I hope as I go I am able to contribute back to others. Thanks everyone

1 Like

everyone’s gotta start somewhere! I didn’t know of any forums like this when I build my first board a little over a year ago, but man it would’ve helped me so much. I was 15 building my first board- naturally, I ordered some wrongs things, burnt out a motor, and basically spent $200 over my budget because I was stupid, lol.

I was 12 when I started my first build and still am 12 except I’m out of spending money. Have to wait until Christmas… :pensive:

I agree with cmatson… I wish I got the Enertion R-Spec from the start so I didn’t have to dremel a flatspot on the motor and align properly.

That is a nice feature. But if you take your time and do it right it will be solid.

Yeah. I have an uncle as an engineer so that helps.

Make sure to take the motor shaft out to do the work. Metal shavings are the enemy.

I will do that. Thanks psychotiller your help is much appreciated.

One more question. I am getting ready to order parts. And now I’m wondering what the benefits would be to running a dual motor set up over a single motor. If I ran 2 motors I plan to order the space cell 2 190kv r spec motors and 2 vesc. If I run one motor I will obviously just get half that and the space cell. Would the dual set up be worth the additional cost? And why?

If you want more torque and want to be able to go up hills faster then 2 motors is the way to go. Some single motor setups burn out going up hills depending on your weight. Also you can connect your VESC together with CANBUS if you want 2 motors.

I’m sorry I don’t know what CANBUS means. Can you explain?

it means you can easily join them together.

with regards to your motor question. If you don’t have many hills around, you don’t weigh a lot and you want long range, then single motor is the go.

Here’s a guide on it: http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/vesc-faq-connect-two-vesc-via-canbus-for-dual-motors/142

It basically means that instead of using a Y connector to get the 2 VESC to connect to the receiver you use CANBUS and tell the BLDC tool that you are using CANBUS.

Little update.

I ordered my deck this week, it should be here by Monday. I’m not going to say what it is yet but I will start a new build thread when it gets here. I also just placed my order through Enertion for: 190kv r-spec motor, Vesc, spacecell battery and charger and a motor mount. My gt2b should be here Monday as well slow shipping, but it is coming straight outta Compton.

So when parts come in I will be starting a new thread to show my build in detail, which can hopefully in turn help other people who are looking to do the same thing all of you have helped me get started.

One other question while I’m here. What connector comes on a spacecell? Does the same connector come on the vesc?

apparently not at this stage. @Chap had to solder his connectors on to the VESC. check out his thread:

I understand that the plan is to get the space cell and the VESC to be plug and play but time constraints and shipping needs and, wait. you have already posted in that topic.

edit: Is it the carbon deck?

Onloop said that the 4.8 VESC will come with XT60 just like the space cell.

1 Like

Yeah all carbon. I will post pics as soon as I get it.

2 Likes

Good luck! This will be a great build! Can’t wait to see it.

In order to make the “E-board Builds” category really easy to search & locate specific builds i am asking that you change your title to something descriptive that better expresses the makeup of your build.

Most of the new build threads tend to end up with a name such as "new- noob - noobie - beginner - first - build - help - newb" this becomes hard to keep track of.

I would like to see each build thread with a descriptive title, such as; Project Name | Deck Name | Trucks | Motor type | Mounting method | Voltage/Battery | ESC

Example The Samurai | Custom Deck | Paris Trucks | R-SPEC | Custom Mount | 10S | VESC