[HELP?] Sturdy Build | Earthwing Supermodel 3D| Paris v2 180mm | Motor type? | Aliendrivesystems Mount | 6s/8s? | ESC/VESC?

Care to explain the advantage vs the sk3?

Oh really? Yes Switzerland has eu border taxes but I will ship the items to an address in germany and pick them up from there. Do you have a link? Thanks a lot!

Ask them first in the live chat ( or email them) if the space cell pro’s are still getting shipped from Belgium. :slight_smile: And make sure they will ship yours from there.

Esk8.de makes high quality vescs!

You mentioned that you want to sell your car and use the Esk8, so your board needs to be very reliable.

As another thought : why not start with an inexpensive quick build, single drive. 10s is always good because there are chargers available, balance and brick. Maybe lipos 2x5s in a Tupperware box.
Build, ride and learn.

Then after you know exactly what you are looking for build a second board and keep the first one for guests, gf, wife, kids, … Or as a spare.

Regarding your current board, note that motor mount choice for Paris trucks is limited.

Then one word of caution, this hobby is highly addictive…

I agree with that aswell. I think that might be the better way to start, as otherwise I will be spending a lot of money on a build and hobby that I may or may not like. I can always go bigger.

So back to the drawing board. Which of the batterys and motor should I get?

The SK3 motors that you linked are well suited … if they are available :slight_smile: . Note of caution: the SK3s don’t have a keyway, so in order to get a strong bond with the motor pulley you have to do some filing / dremeling. Maybe 1 hour work. Here my SK3 6364 213kv (I would not go with the 245kv). I went with 12s because I had the LiPos lying around, but the board is too fast …

So choose the motor that you like and is available. If the SK3s are not available and you don’t want to wait pick an alternative. esk8.de, enertion, alien, …

Batteries. Personally I like the 10s and the 2x 5s setup. You can use a big 10S balance charger or you can charge the packs individually using a cheaper charger that goes up to 6s like the iMax B6.

Once you have decided on the motor and the battery choose your gearing. There are a number of speed calculator around.

Regarding your question above. You only need one transmitter / receiver for a dual setup. You can either split the servo wire (DIY by soldering or you buy an Y-Wire from hobby king) or you can connect two VESCs via Canbus in master / slave mode. Splitting the servo wire is normally easier and is what I have done on two builds.

Alright, slowly getting there. I think I should be ready to order soon.

I will be buying: 1x Motor: https://www.hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-aerodrive-sk3-6364-213kv-brushless-outrunner-motor.html 2x Batteries: https://www.hobbyking.com/en_us/zippy-flightmax-8000mah-5s1p-30c.html 1x VESC: http://www.hellray.de/vesc/ 1x Motor mount kit: http://alienpowersystem.com/shop/cnc-kit/alien-drive-complete-kits/alien-drive-systems-electric-longboard-diy-kit-63mm-motor/

Still need a recommendation for a Remote. I saw the bad wolf casemod online but do not have access to a 3d Printer. Is there a way to buy one of these? Or do you have any other recommendations? Id like something that fits in my pocket.

why not, like i said the 6374 190kv - it will fit a 10s single drive much better!

if you want a gt2b remote and mod, order it online. The files you need are free available and even some guys here on the forum will print one for you.

Otherwise if you want something easy, take a look at the EU Market: https://eu.electric-skateboard.market/product/2-4ghz-mini-remote-receiver/ or talk directly to @ajaynagra 3. Option is hellray.de, because you already order a vesc from them. They will provide you with remotes too

the 190kv because of more torque?

Ok, I’ll check for someone to print the remote for me or I might get another one. Is the something small and reliable that fits into a pocket? I’ve read about the winner remote that people seem to have more problems than remotes working well…

Ah, do I need spark protection for my e-board build? Also which charger would be the best? It would be nice to be able to keep the batteries “in” the board and charge them from there, is that possible?

hey,

where are you in switzerland? i’m a basel-area based e-boarder and since 2016 we launched some custom made boards. i think we can find a good solution for your project. feel free to contact me - you can do a test ride with one of our boards if you like.

i got few settings here… for single-drive a 6374 with different kv from 130-190, for dual some 6354 with 170-200kv. usually batterys - or power-pack we use 10s4p, wich give enough power and very good range to.

the “top-ride board” can claim massive hills, very fast like 40-50km/h and 30-40km range on single… let’s go try and find out what you like. cheers

fubi from Energy-Skateboards Switzerland

energy-skateboards.com (comming soon)

Hi fubi

Im in Solothurn. At the Moment im looking to just take my board I have and “upgrade” it to an electric board. Im also the diy kinda guy who likes to get into a topic and build something himself. If I like how riding an eboard feels I will come back to you and check out what you’ve got. Looking forward to your Website :slight_smile:

Was going to mention that, you also need wires (10 or 12awg for batteries) and connectors for the batteries and vesc and vesc and motors. Preferably those connectors match :grinning:. Out of the box they normally don’t. If you run 2*5s batteries you need a series harness, again with matching connectors.
And some shrink wrap…

Might as well make a little plan and order the stuff early (e. G. from hobby King or hebushop.ch)

I use xt90s as anti spark.

If you want to charge without removing your battery you need a 10s capable charger and/or clever wiring. Or use the inexpensive one I mentioned and re-plug for charging.
Maybe keep it simple at the beginning?

I understand. nice project, sure will be funny to built…

anyway it would be nice to meet up for a ride with other “e-boarders” in switzerland. :grinning::wink:

…or just let me know if you need something.

finish website will take time. we work on it during this winter season. our goal is to get it out in spring 2017. nice customs are rolling now in a serious test program with our riders.

Yes, probably better to keep it simple… Im just so pumped and looking forward to my first board and want to make the build as cool as possible.

Aren’t XT90s just connector type? How do I wire them as an antispark connector? Where do I get the series harness from?

10 or 12 awg wire I should get from hobbykong as well? Or can I take it from for example some old ac cable?

Don’t … make it too cool … remember, you want to be up and running before the first snow falls and you want to improve.

XT90 are just connectors. XT90S are anti-spark connectors. They have a built in resistor when plugged-in half way. Think you can get them from hobby king or ebay. Order a handfull. You can use them as connectors or as loop them in somewhere. They should be plugged in last in order to work. Can you old ac cable handle up to 80 amps dc current? If yes, fine. If no, order some quality silicon wire. Hobby King, hebushop.ch (http://www.hebu-shop.ch/index.php?cat=c14964_Silikonkabel-AWG.html) or even Galaxus.

Series harness? I soldered them myself. Think hobby king has them. https://hobbyking.com/en_us/xt90-battery-harness-10awg-for-2-packs-in-series.html

Yes, that is true. I hope this winter is a bit forgiving and not too much snow falls…

Alright, I will do that. I dont thonk the wire is thick enough… All buy some.

Yeah, Ill probably solder some myself as well.

Thanks a lot for all your help. If we ever meet id gladly invite you to a beer!

Sorry, can’t agree here either. I’m hoping for lots of snow, hahah …!

Glad if I could be of help. Let me know if you want to know more.

btw we do have a small community of riders here, mainly in Zurich. There is also philipp in Bern, but haven’t heard anything for a long time. And now fubi, welcome

See here

We also have a whatsapp group, post if you would like to join.

Alright, I’ve created a list of items I need to buy. Anything I need to add?

I’ll send you a PM with my number if you want to add me to the group! Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

That looks good, nice and simple! Probably want some red wire as well …

On top you need:

• a transmitter / receiver (GT2B with mod or another)
  • motor pulley, 8mm
  • drive wheel pulley that fits your wheel (or new wheels)
  • belt in the right length
  • keyway for the motor pulley

Probably best buying the whole drivetrain from alien.

• charger capable of charging 10s or 5s
  • depending on the charger you need a powerful power supply and for convenience a parallel harness

Sorry, nobody said it would be cheap …

Hey guys. I’m finally ready to order, but I’ve just seen that the motor and batteries are only available from hongkong… So I need to import them. How do I best do this to avoid paying lots of taxes?

Edit: Also the motor is only in stock in hk. Would this one be a vaiable alternative? https://eu.electric-skateboard.market/product/190kv-sensored-motor-6354-6374/

Edit2: Or from Alien power systems? I didn’t find a 192kv 6374 Motor, just a few 170kv…