Help me out please

I had a bms and 2 lipos and had done a lot of research as well as @Namasaki helping me all the way. At the last stem after hours trying to do it, with his help I did it. Then I tried wiring the mains in series so I don’t have to use my harness, and I screwed up:frowning:. I connected the balance leads and fried my bms. I have tried so hard on this project and have spent way too much money on it. I’ve beem through 2 vescs and 3 motors, and now destroyed my first bms. @scepterr generously gave me an offer to sel me his 12s bms for $30 and even wire up everything for me for $25. Great offer, really appreciate it. The problem is, I am way over my budget and I need $80 to pay him. Don’t get me wrong I appreciate his help tremendously and understand that he gave me a fabulous offer. However I’m only 15 and I used money from working at a camp to fund this project, and I didn’t expect so many things to go wrong and spend so much money on this project. My first vesc blew its drv and my 1st motor came shorted. I bought another vesc and motor and it worked for a few days and thank something got stuck in the motor and i had to buy another one. @torqueboards generously gave me a motor for $80 shipped. I would appreciate any donations so I can have my batteries finished and start boarding around. This is my PayPal.me link: https://www.paypal.me/dgordon798

Any amount is greatly appreciated!

And thanks to everyone on this forum who have been so helpful through this crazy journey :wink:. Special shout out to @scepterr, @Namasaki and everyone else who replied to my threads.

Hopefully once I finish this project, I will return the favor and really try to answer more questions on this awesome forum. Thanks so much in advance!

are you asking people to dump $80 into your paypal?

2 Likes

No I am looking to reach a goal of $50, not just from one person. I will keep updating until i got $50

It seems you actually could have saved money at this point by having somebody build it for you

2 Likes

I know, but the truth is, I learned a lot and I am having fun building it (not when anything breaks :grinning:)

I don’t think this is the best procedure to get :moneybag:, how about fund yourself working? Maybe your daddy can help you out.

6 Likes

He’s already given me some.

You’ve go some balls for asking for help at your age…I respect that, however when I was your age I would be shoveling driveways, babysitting, detailing cars, etc…Grab a shovel boy, you’ve got a long road ahead of you

Also you’ll probably have better luck looking to trade/sell something you own. I realize this may seem a bit harsh to you, however an esk8 is a luxury and not like a doctors visit/food (necessities). So sell your PlayStation/XBox, bike, camera, etc and you’ll be there in no time

9 Likes

10 Likes

We’ve only had 1 storm this winter

No argument there though

dude. that’s a horrible excuse. there are plenty of other ways to make money at our age.

4 Likes

Listen, I’m not trying to make excuses for anything, I’m just asking. No one is forced to do anything.

Every town/city has a street corner in the “rough” areas…how bad do you really want that esk8/$80?

2 Likes

Very bad. I’ve been doing this since July of last year.

I’ve started already but not making too much because I don’t own a PlayStation or Xbox or camera.

Also why not just get the eBay/meepo 10s2p on eBay for about $40? You’re not that desperate…,be a little bit more resourceful son…Google is your friend…use it

2 Likes

Deal some things on the corner, im not thinking about drugs, like cars n stuff

jk
6 Likes

I already have the lipos

So you don’t own a single item you could live without that’s worth $80? I’m not trying to poor-shame you as we’ve probably all been there at one point or another, especially in our teenage years/young adult but you’re going to need to try a little harder buddy. I’ve got $80 for you right here. What do have to sell/trade?

3 Likes