Has anyone tried using one of these esc's from ebay before?

I bought mine from dickyho through ebay. I’m very happy with it :slight_smile:

The esc comes with a on & off button. There’s comes when 4 wires for the on off buttons. I have this led on off button. Anyone know how to install it. Or what wire goes where?

1 Like

The red and black wires go to the led part of the switch. The other two go to the actual switch. There should be simbols on the switch. DO NOT CONNECT IT WRONG, if you connect the red and black wires to the switch it will most likely fry the speed controller by creating a short

I guess I am not going to try to connect it if one mistake could fry the esc…

If some one could send a picture of how the led switch wiring is arranged it will be appreciated.

It’s not too hard. Ok so connect the two wires that are on the old switch to the switching terminals on the new one and you pretty much done. You just need to get the spare two wires and plug them into the led terminals on the switch, done. If it doesn’t the light doesn’t work switch around the two second wires so they connect the right way

1 Like

I just received the dual version from banggood but think its duff, connecting it up and no buzzer or any indication its working (set up in 6s config), does anyone have a video or link to a video with the dual version to see what it looks like during connection please?

Are there motors connected

Just one motor… nothing happens, the motor doesn’t do that little micro jump/move that I see with others.

My esn does not do the little jump movement. Have you linked the remote?

If the remote is connected to the esc the green light on the remote will blink when it is on standby. Would the dual ESC work with only one motor connected?

I am not sure, if you have another they connecting that too. These escs don’t make a beep or move a little when they are turned on

1 Like

Nothing happens at all when plugged in. I am guessing like most esc’s (My only knowledge is from one other skate build and various drones) is that a sound is made when you plug it in, but for this one nothing happens at all. So definitely no connection to the remote. When you plug yours in does it initially make a connection sound (there is a buzzer on the esc which I assume is what it’s for).

I don’t actually have one but will be getting one for my next build. I’m pretty sure the buzzer is for the low voltage cut off. Have you connected the remote? Also I’m not sure if it will run with only one motor it might require 2

The remote can’t connect to it. It’s as if there is no power getting into the esc at all (there is also a small push button on the esc itself, is this a hhind button?). On all videos I have seen and on all esc’s I have used, when you put power into them they do something, be it make a sound, led lights up etc. Is this not the case for all of them? I might be being guided by previous experience that is not true for all of them.

I emailed banggood and was told it would work on one motor. Hopefully they can sort it out, their service has been very good to date. Very frustrating as two of us were making a similar build with different esc’s so I spent the weekend being very jealous of the other board working.

Yes, I would say that is the bind button.

I got this from the the ebay sellers description hope it helps

How to connect the remote and the control board. 1.connect the control board to power source. 2.turn the control board power on, wait 2 seconds, then press and hold the switch for about 6 seconds,till the power indication light flickering,then loose the hold of the switch immediately. 3.turn on the remote, then use a little stick to press the code synchronize switch on down left side of the remote. 4.turn off the remote, wait 2 second to turn it on again. wait till the remote’s sinal light and the control board’s power indicate light both flickering. then connect success

1 Like

Thank you. I’ll try that but whatever I seemed to do before there was no power indicator at all on control board. Fingers crossed I was wrong.

1 Like

Actually I just thought of something to check if there is power. You see where the switch connects to the board? The two wires connect to a 4 wire socket, if you can get multi meter and test it you should get a reading of about 5v (it doesn’t really matter as long as there is some sort of voltage) on the other two pins on the socket. Please just make sure that you don’t touch those pins together

I tried that with the multimeter. Alas nothing. Banggood have been very good as ever and are sending another one through. In the meantime I wait.

Ok sounds like it might be broken