Has anyone tried using one of these esc's from ebay before?

Ok thanks for the info!

Do you have a BMS on your board?

Yes but I only use the bms for charging (not discharging), Inm using a 10S 5Ah lipo pack.

Hi, your build looks very similar to what I am planning to make (just a bit better) I will be using dual motor esc and a dual motor drive it all from dickyho so Iā€™d like to know how your build turns out when your finished :slight_smile:

What kit are you using?

I read on the faq that you need the bms for discharging.

You dontā€¦

If anyone is looking for a cheap dual ESC. Check out banggood. $45

Looks like the same one on eBay.

2 Likes

Yeah the same specs only a bit different looking, maybe an update from the ebay version?

no, the ebay one is a the updated version from this one. changed to can take more AMP, and put a large aluminum on the back to make it not that heat, other changesā€¦ I am not remenberā€¦

1 Like

I am thinking of getting this dual ESC. But I have a problem. Right now I have a lot of 3s2p lipo batteries. If I buy this ESC and set it on 10s and use only 9s2s lipo on it would it be a problem?

If you only have 3S packs, use the 6S version or try to dissasamble a pack to get a 10S battery. With a 10S battery your cut off will be around 32V so 3,2V per cell. If you got a 9S battery the esc will cut off at 32V so around 3,55V per cell. Actually it wonā€™t be a big problem, it will be better for your battery life, but you battery wil cut off earlier so less range.

1 Like

I suck at building batteries. I messed up some many lipo sells that itā€™s not funny. My plan is not to depend on the esc cutoff and put in a meter to monitor the voltage separately.

And having the batteries cut off at 3.55v might be a good idea. Because 3.2v cut off is too low according to some ppl. Ppl say 10s caused the esc to heat up so by using 9s will reduce the heat issue. I am not looking for a lot of topspeed. 18 to 19mph is enough for me.

1 Like

Yeah if you got some cells laying around, a 9S pack is perfect it will maybe reduce the range a bit 15% I guess.

Do you have economy shipping for the truck kit?

No. economy shipping is limited at below 2kg.

but deal off ebay could save 10% fee for both cago and shipping. what items you need, and ship to where, let me check how to ship will be cheaper.

Toronto Canada

1. DIY dual 2200W electric longboard drive kit 97MM wheel 7"truck dual N6354 270KV and the dual esc module

Can you ship each truck separately to make it below 2kg?

Just finished my build with the ebay esc and the new 125kV hobbyking motor. Did a few runs and got 17km with a 10S 5,2Ah battery. Topspeed was 30kmh but Iā€™m going to replace the 15T motorpulley with a 20T to get 38kmh topspeed. The esc runs very good, smooth startup, Iā€™ve a small cheap heatsink from ebay and the esc is only a bit warm. Only you need to watch out if you brake because if you pull the trigger to full brake itā€™s just so strong so I need to get used to it. But yeah very good esc for the price! Itā€™s totaly worth it. If you got some steeper hills just go for the dual version, I got like no hills so for me itā€™s fine.

Iā€™m also going to make a build thread but Iā€™m just busy at the moment.

4 Likes

Nice build!

1 Like