Has anyone tried using one of these esc's from ebay before?

I’ve got one of the ESCs set-up on a board currently. I’m using 17/36 gearing at the moment because I don’t have the right belt size to fit anything smaller at the moment. It seems to work and gets up to 20 mph easy. I haven’t tested it going faster. Keep in mind, increasing speed means decreasing torque, so don’t expect to build a 35mph board that can also climb moderate hills with this ESC

1 Like

Thank you! We hooked it up without the sensor wires and it works great! I thought there would be a need to hold a button down somewhere to pair the remote but there was no need. Everything just started working (shocker!). My son is cruising around the block with a 6S battery.
Thanks guys!
Mike

So it works just fine?

Anyone know why my dual brushless motor is beeping after riding for about 5 seconds. I then have to release the throttle and then I can ride again for a few seconds. Is this the low cut off?

Yeah either your battery is too low or your remote battery is dying.

Yeah, the brakes are a little touchy but I got used to them pretty quick

1 Like

Actually I should charge the remote up. Cheers I’ll charge it while my batteries charge too

1 Like

Hey guys, little status update: I just finished my board with the china ESC and hub motors from banggood and it works awesome! It is very fast and the speeding up is also awesome! :slight_smile:

I will upload some pictures soon. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Are you using 6S batteryes? I tested the range with two 3S lipo 5000mah in series and its about 8 / 10km. When the voltage drops below 3.9V per cell it gets slower.

I am using two 5S 5000mAh but haven’t tested the range yet.

Does yours stop working after about 3.8 per cell, my board just stopped completely today at 3.8 and I had to reset it and it would go for about 30 secs then stop again. Anyone know what it could be?

No, it doesn’t. It slows down. Your using my same setup?

Mine stops around 3,4V, I’m using a 10S 5,2Ah 10C battery. Have you checked the cell voltage seperately?

Yep each are at 3.8 on the dot

Same batteries

@bartroosen12 your max speed is 20km/h or faster with the 10s setup? @pat.speed I’ll let you know when my board stops

1 Like

I tested the speed today and i get 25km/h with 10S battery.

My max speed is 30kmh with charged battery, after 4km you can feel the speed drops a little bit and it keeps the same for the rest of the ride for me (around 28kmh)

thats pretty fast. Also does someone know what the red indicators in the remote mean? @pat.speed today when i got to my destination the cells where at 3.81volts and the speed was dropping. That was a 11km ride. I’ll keep you updated.

The 3 Leds are indicators for the boards ‘‘battery life’’. From what I experienced: 3Leds 100% - 80% 2Leds 80% - 20% 1Led 20% - 0% I can ride for a very long time with 2 Leds.

2 Likes