Has anyone tried using one of these esc's from ebay before?

I have exactly the same problem :relieved:. My thaught of the connectors are, that they are Male JST XH 5PIN 152mm. And they seemed to be identical with a ballance plug for 3s liposā€¦ but sadly i have to wait for monday, because on my work is someone who knows the answer. If i have a result, i will update my post.:grimacing:

Did you buy the $160 combo from banggood as well? Iā€™m really interested to see how it performs, itā€™d be fun to build a sub $200 build with a custom integrated deck.

For now, i have bought all my stuff from banggood exept the hubs. I bought them on ebay, but the specs are identical.

I have also bought my lipos (5500 mAh, 45c, 11,1v xt60, connector) a AMASS XT60 series Connector.

i am still waiting for the lipos. and the series connectors :frowning:

i exept that my first ride will be in mid february.

i have read already, the the board itself has a max top speed of 20kmh. but the hubs from the specs arenā€™t also really faster.

At the moment my complete calculation sums more to the 300(ā‚¬) (incl. board) then to the 200, because of the additional stuff which you need for keep the stuff at the board itself :smiley:

you could use this

Looking for a slim build with dual hubs. That is a great budget build, but Iā€™ve already built my shitty one wheel drive build.

well, for me it was a direct decision against a belt system. I would like to have it stealthiest as possible. because of the german law :wink: i am hoping, that the german police in the countryside donā€™t take a closer look to a female longboarder :smiley:

no need for the sensors wires. i assembƧed mine yesterday and it works great. The only problem is that the esc limits the speed to 20km/h. remember to solder 6S or 7S or dissolder both if you want 10s in the lipo. I am using two 3s in series of 5000mah. Tho it would be cool to know what are the connections to make for the ā€œsensoredā€ part of the motors. More info in the next weeks.

ā€¦ i am using your same motors!

I also got the sensors connected on mine. I also rode before without sensors and actually I didnā€™t feel any difference! It has the same startup power so itā€™s really just the same (Iā€™m using the single brushless motor esc from ebay and turnigy 125kV sensored motor)

can you send a picture of the wirings? Teoretically what are the advantages of a sensored motor?

The ESC doesnā€™t have to guess the position of the rotor, so the motor starts up smoothly from a standstill.

Startup performance on this ESC without sensors seem good though.

Sensors should help to have more torque when you accelerate from a complete stop. I have to say I donā€™t feel any difference with this motors if I unplug the sensors. The motor has a sensor wire with 1pin more than the esc sensors so I had to make a small wire in between the motor and the esc to make it fit. (Esc has no temperature sense and the motor has a temp sensor so I didnā€™t need the temp sensor wire of the motor)

Do you have any additional cooling, exept of the alu plate on the mosfets?

no, i donā€™t have an additional cooling system. Where i live temperature is very low so, for now, I didnā€™t notice a heating problem. Maybe in summer i will add a fan to the system.

Have you resolved this? I have the same problem. The ESC just beeps when I have everything connected and an 6s batteryā€¦ but I never got the motors to spin.

It beeps if the battery is not correct, ie maybe you received a 7s or 10s esc

2 Likes

Hi,

the correct order for the banggood hub motors is red, yellow, blue, green, black. The positive pin and ground pin is marked on your ESC! :slight_smile:

I just tested it today and it worked!

2 Likes

The seller said that itā€™s better to have lower kv motorā€¦ Mine will come today or tomorrow

I cant understand. May you send a pic of the esc and of the bettery

What Kv motor do you have?

This is what he sent me:

"Hi. rather than speed limit, I would say it is rmp limit. I did tried myself, it supporting not very good for high KV motors, like say more than 280KV will not be good. for some 280KV motors, it will still work, but will beeping (error detected). so you could use big motor pulley or big wheels to get speed.

another thing is, this board provided limited AMP. so if the motor run too fast, or the loaded too much. more than it can provide. it will beeping or cut off to protect the board too. this is kind of speed limit.

Regards Dicky"