Has Anyone Seen What Acton Is Teasing on Their Website?

The quatro is…very interesting.

https://youtu.be/-q-7ejlGNWQ

It seems like a beast! I’m just wondering how they got all that power in there

Pretty aggressive looking deck on the Quattro. I likes the sound of the dual hub s2, but check the screenshot. Same motor housing as a lot of the other China based hubs

Hopefully they put a lot of R&D into them. If they did it right, it might be better than the generic ones that we see off of Alibaba.

I added those models to the spreadsheet, so you can compare specs easily, they look legit at first view, but we’ll see how they turn out next year.

Yeah, the S2 seems very tempting to buy right now, but no one has tested it yet and I’m very weary about buying it. Thanks for sharing that info!

So what is the future?

With 4wd, I have torque that accelerates me from 0-20 in under 3 seconds. In a city environment where there’s stop signs every 1000 feet, this allows me to travel at the same pace of traffic and still maintain an 18 mph average. On top of that, I have equal traction all around, which makes the board feel more stable. If you haven’t tried 4wd, you would have no way of knowing.

Hubs have less moving parts that can break. Literally, the beaings are the only thing that can break in a good hub motor. There’s no adjusting alignment, belts breaking, etc. I don’t have to do much maintanece ever really.

If you don’t use Bluetooth as a builder, how do you know what’s going on in your board and make improvements?

And bigger wheels… well that’s just personal preference.

What are you innovations? What have you spent time researching and developing?

1 Like

I was hoping for $999 retail from them.

I’m amazed that they can even offer it this cheap. Wonder how the quality will be. Glad to see someone finally produce 4wd hub motor boards for the market. But I can’t imagine they are of any quality at htat price. Decent quality hub motors at factory prices are $400 in bulk, and another $400 for the escs (of questionable quality, over $700 for high quality vescs). And that’s before batteries, trucks, and a board.

I can’t imagine they are of any decent quality at this price…

the cost goes up so much with the redundancy. I’d rather get as much power with one or two motors that were bigger. less things to break. less weight.

dont know why but you were showing worse efficiency with the four than two I believe. could be four low-rebound tires increasing the rolling resistance but other than that it seems it would have to be running four motors vs less.

maybe electric skateboards in general is just a hype and will go over in a few years, like the internet 20years ago, but wait…

I think 90mm+ is great, hubs are legit and dual-drive is the way to go, 4wd is kind of extreme

It is, but certain environments, like San Francisco, need a lot of torque. And I don’t want to slow down climbing hills. I go up 7% grade hills at 23-24 mph, so I only lose 2 mph of speed to climb a decently steep hill. And when you have 6 of these kinds of hills back to back… It really pays off 5 miles in 15 minutes in a city is pretty quick, and a lot of that comes down to being able to accelerate quickly and being able to maintain speed while climbing hills.

I want a 4wd board I just don’t trust this mfg. I mean their specs list “zero maintenance required” which I’m not sure I believe.

Although maybe they are saying no routine belt tensioning etc which makes sense. I just assume one of the 4 ESC/motor is going to have some sort of electrical/mech malfunction.

yes, yes and yes. I would love to see how long these really last. Like I said, they have have to be cutting corners somewheres to bring down prices, a 4wd board should never be that cheap to produce…

I also doubt they are running FOC, so they are probably laf (not saying my board isn’t cause of my bearings right now, but…)

lol dude shut up with the condecending remarks. I havent invented anything! Im just a dumb greedy needy consumer

My point is why are you hating on the improvements that certain people have spent year(s) and countless hours working on? If your not offering any improvements, then you shouldn’t be talking shit man…

And if you haven’t done the research, you shouldn’t be talking shit… It gives me the impression that your arrogant and ignorant…

If you don’t know why these improvements are improvements that will lead us into the future, then stop talking…

Calling it “talking shit” is ridiculous, i said they are fads that arent really improvements, just differences.

Right now on the market there are glorified grocery getters and borderline death wishes.

For stop, go, and blinkers (i ““innovated”” a really cool blinker system, ill share it in my forthcoming prototype build log), 2.4 ghz all the way. For transmitting realtime data to your phone or other device, bluetooth wins. Im working on my own hybrid remote, amongst other things.

Im quite alone on this forum in thinking that, even with protective gear, its foolishly dangerous to be going over 20mph in a city commuting fashion. Every amp spent going faster than that is sacrificed from a more efficient and higher torque build. Im not sure how steep the hills are on my commute, but ive been blasting up them at 24mph without issue on a single drive with 83mm wheels and 16/36 gearing. Im playing around with 73mm self manufactured “all terrain” wheels for the sake of less amp draw but still getting over bumps and cracks in the sidewalk.

My board is also unique in its construction, Im recessing the motor into the board and to get it higher off the ground to comp for the smaller wheels.

Im also writing up a schematic to individually charge 10 cells individually, since my balance charger and BMS are still not getting everything up to 4.2v.

I dont consider anything i do innovation

Getting dual hubs from CarvOn is at the very least $500 each, battery pack is at least $400, four ESCs at let’s say $125 each, add in an aluminum/CF deck would be about $200. A DIY 4WD would be over $2000 so their retail of $1,700 is not bad I guess.

Although the Acton Qu4tro’s $1,100 Indigogo price is tempting, their advertised top speed is only 23mph, which is a bit disappointin. I’m glad I have no hills that my Boosted 2 and DIY (single 6374) can’t handle or I would’ve ordered one. I do like that modern look.