Has anyone NOT had issues with the Winning Remote?

Just updating what I am experiencing now. My remote started a life on it’s own some times but now I have zerro issues.

Today my first test with the winning nano remote wasn’t that good. I use a ferrit ring and mounted the receiver on the top of the board to be closer to the transmitter in a direct line. At first I did a range test: I only can go about 6 or 7 metres away and the signal get lost. This seems to be really week, isn’t it? While driving I realized that when I put my shoe on the receiver the signal can break off as well.

What is your range with the Nano Remote? Do you think it’s more a problem from the TX or the RX. Did anybody try the GT2B receiver, I red it should work. How is the range with it. Can I do anything if the problem is the transmitter.

How can they sell this stuff???

Capitalism… :confused:

WOW! your experience seems worst than most. Given that there are people who have never had problems (@onloop included, which is why he uses and sells them) I think it’s a quality control issue at manufacturing

For what it’s worth, I think why risk it? The GT2B has zero threads regarding drop outs or issues. And with @FLATLINEcustoms mad monkey enclosure you can have the reliability of the GT and the comfortable size of a much smaller remote. Just my two cents. Oh and I also have a winning remote for sale if anyone wants it? :joy: PM me…

I have a brand new GT2B and small case for sale here. I’ll pay shipping.

I have the Winning remote that shipped with my Dual Raptor. I fully charge the remote before every ride, hold it somewhat loosely with my hand, and put my phone in airplane mode.

The only thing I can compare the Winning to is the remote that came with my Yuneek E-GO. I haven’t had many issues with either, they’re about the same. They’ll both cut out a LOT if my phone has bluetooth on and is near the remote, but my phone on airplane mode either one might cut off 1-2 times per 1hr of riding, and only for a second or two max.

I don’t like how the Winning/Raptor setup doesn’t have a ‘beep’ letting you know when it’s synced or lost connection - my E-GO makes a beep each time so you know and can act accordingly.

I didn’t have interferences with my phone or wifi-towers or other things till now. But I have a range problem. As long I don’t stay on the receiver and the nano remote is close to the RX I don’t have dropouts. Yes the Remote is fully charged. So please you Nano Remote Users make a range test for me. How far can you go away with the remote from the board till it dosn’t work reliable? Thank you!!!

Mine is unreliable anything more than 20cm away from the receiver even with ferrite rings installed.

20 cm!!!??? :scream: Did you try to get a refund or no chance for that?

Where are the lucky Nano Remote Users? What is your range?

Didn’t test the range but I am 1m92 high and I can hold it above my head without trouble.

Thank you, but really like to know if others also have such a small range with the Nano Remote. Usually RC 2,4 Ghz remotes have a range of about 1 km. So I wonder why mine just has 7 metres.

I have a winning remote (Did the antenna “mod” before I even first used it) and have had no problems, failsafe is set correctly so if it drops the board will just coast, so maybe I just haven’t noticed? Never gone to punch it and had no response though…

Please could you make a range test? How did you make the antenna mod? Just a piece of wire soldered to the internal antenna. Or do you have a special antenna and a special length?

I basically scratched into the trace for the internal antenna’s (On both the transmitter and receiver) and soldered on some thin wire like this:

I’ll do an outside range test later but inside, I run out of line-of-sight apartment before the range cuts out (10m+).

Maybe it’s the luck of the draw whether or not you get a good one…

Thanks for the pics. I’m waiting for your outside range test.

Okay so I tested the remote in the empty basement carpark of my building and measured about 25 meters before I started getting some unreliability. Perhaps I’d get more in an open field, but there aren’t many of those around where I live!

Can’t stress enough to make sure your fail safe is set correctly as even when it was getting to that unreliable range, it would just cut to coast when it dropped the signal.

Hey @Jinra what changes are they making on the new version of the remote?

I had it the other way around. The picture is actually the older version and i already have the new one. It has two sets of pwm pins and a pcb antenna.

After I just had a range of 6 or 7 metres I soldered coaxial antennas to the pcb antennas of the remote and the receiver. The shielding I didn’t solder to anywhere. Don’t know if it is all the same and the shielding works or not. In the original old TX and RX where I found the coaxial antennas the shielding was on minus. But in the winning TX and RX the pcb antennas are on minus so because of that I didn’t solder the shielding. Howsoever I did a range test at first just with the antenna on the remote and I got almost 20 metres. Then I tried it also with an antenna on the receiver but the range was the same. But now I can put my shoe on the receiver and didn’t have any problems on the test ride.

@Jinra What does that mean, the new version has two sets of pwm pins and where are they?

1 Like

I’m talking about the Benchwheel remote not the winning.