Hall Sensors and shitty wiring

Hey, is it possible to burn out halls because of reverse polarity?

Cause i got two 6374 170kv sensored motors. One from APS and the other one i bought a year ago or so from esk8.de… Today i wanted to finish my MTB, but only one motor detected halls correctly. Then i tested the other one with my multimeter and found out that esk8.de has most stupid wiring ever seen (red is gnd… fuck-.-) Then i got confirmed by this: http://www.hellray.de/tutorials-bedinungsanleitung-d-e-f/hall-sensor-configuration/ … respect if you even can read it -.- Now it seems broken, so the question still is the same, possible to burn out halls by reverse polarity?

Damn can’t start from standstill on grass, i need these halls:(

Yes, hall sensors and reverse polarity don’t go together. As most electronics that don’t have any protection circuit.

They are easily replaceable so you might even do it yourself without a lot of soldering skills… Take the motor apart and post pics of the sensor board.

Aps sells the board for under 10bucks. Should be no problem. Just don’t like the fact ihave to disasemble everything again so soon:/

Oh, that is good then. But red as negative is pretty dumb if you ask me. I would try to connect it correctly. Maybe it survived… Worth a try, you won’t make it worse :grinning:

It did not survive, i tested every possible pinout with a multimeter. All halls are always on now. Yes its mega dumb, thats not how i connected it, that was the mistake. See the link in post 1. Dunno why someone makes such a stupid pinout-.- chinese must be involved somehow…

I have seen that because I did not believe at first that it would be done that way.