GT2B MasterCho/ChoZen Mod-FULL LENGTH TUTORIAL-[HOW TO]

@Smorto: can you add the “how-to”, “gt2b” and “mastercho” tags and perhaps put [HOWTO] in the topic as well? Would be nice if we could file all guides in a similar matter :slight_smile:

Wow @Smorto great tutorial!

Just added them :slight_smile:.

1 Like

Brilliant thanks just finished mine…couldn’t have done it without a dremel though very tight fit round the trigger had to trim it up where it screws to the 3D printed mould. Your pictures came in handy while piecing it together good work.

4 Likes

No problem. Glad I could help someone out.

3 Likes

Top man…Sam!

Just received my GT2B, but I don’t have a VESC or ESC to pair and test the controller with. Is there any way to check if the controller is working before I take it apart? Or should I just wait until I receive the VESC.

I was in the exact same boat. Received my VESC after I modded my GT2B. I paired it with the receiver by putting a toothpick down the hole in the case and depressing the bind button. No problems thus far. As far as I know the only way to test the transmitter would be to hold down the bind button and turn it on. The red LED should blink red indicating that it is looking for the receiver (which it obviously will never find). Obviously also make sure it turns on and is charging before you mod it. I do not know of a way to test the receiver without an ESC though.

1 Like
  • Does anyone sell these controllers allready asembled ?

• Does the GT2-B “Mini” work with this mod also ?

Thanks.

I don’t think anyone has this particular mod fully assembled. However, @FLATLINEcustoms sells a beautiful casted similar version of this mod completely assembled. As for the GT2-B mini I have no idea, I have never seen it, could you provide the link for it?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item-img/2-4Ghz-mini-remote-controller-with-receiver-for-electric-skateboard-longboard/32573238408.html?spm=2114.10010108.1000017.2.ADr3el

Why would you want to mod that? It is already smaller than the Mastercho mod.

True it is pretty small, but it is still quit Wide and it has the wheel, plus i allready have the Mastercho’s Enclosure.

Hate to say it but no, it will not fit that enclosure. At least not with some super heavy modification. Even then I highly doubt it will work. But if you do it, post it here :slight_smile:.

1 Like

Awesome thread, thanks!

Is there room for the channel 3 button? Looking for a way to control some headlights.

Thanks! I am not sure… @MasterCho would probably know though :slight_smile:.

It wasn’t designed for the channel 3 button. I don’t think it has a room for it.

@Smorto thanks for the guide, I have my GT2B apart and this thread is helping immensely. @mastercho thanks for responding, and for making this available.

The channel 3 switch appears to be a momentary switch, connecting the white wire to battery negative. Shouldn’t be too hard to make it usable.

I hooked up channel 3 on the receiver to the vesc, and wheeee! The effect is a toggle switch, stays full throttle or off.

Oh and I dug this up, the connector for the 3 wire from battery+ch3 switch to the main board, is JST-PH

amazon has a kit but… eh, hard to see using these anywhere but here.

so the blue chip at the end is the receiver right? Well the wire on mine broke off somehow :confused: can someone send me a closeup so I know where to re-solder it back on?

Hi, This might help. http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/gt2b-transmitter-antenna-repair/2790

1 Like