GT2b Mad Munkey v1 Enclosure **NOW READY FOR DOWNLOAD**

Many… many hours! How do I make an injection mold??? Teach me! Show me! Haha.

I stood on mine last night. Pretty strong.

@longhairedboy I am sending you a PM.

1 Like

Nice !! Do you plan to put the files on thingiverse ?

I was planning on it.

1 Like

This mod looks to damn amazing @FLATLINEcustoms I just ordered me GT2B yesterday, and i whould love to be a test driver for this :wink: Once you (if you choose to) release this mod! or mabey even before :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thank you @Krudte I’ll PM you.

Wow! This is really nice. Can’t wait till you share the file! Very detailed!

@FLATLINEcustoms Nice work!! SOOOOOO clean!!
PM’d

I love how you made the walls a lot thicker than the bad wolf mod! I have been waiting for a new mod to be produced due to my bad wolf mod feeling very flimsy and just not feeling very strong.

1 Like

Thanks @mccloed tried to get everything in there.

I got to say I absolutely hated the badwolf gt2b mod, but you seem to have fixed the issues I had with it. I removed all the material around the trigger because it was hard to press the brakes, it was bigger than it needed to be and flimsy, the switch with the extension was almost unusable, the screws didn’t work, the other thing is I don’t like is the 3d printed material because feels cheap. If this could be molded it could possibly be the best remote ever. Great work

Thank you @Titoxd10001, I am looking into getting a mold made. Right now the mold is sooooo expensive. Still looking for options there though. A Mad Munkey mold would mean I could sell them cheap.

1 Like

How much? I bet we could get you funded. You have a knack for sweet looking parts, it would be nice to see you make a little business out of it.

2 Likes

I’ve used http://www.model-solution.com/eng/ for a soft tool before. Prices weren’t terrible for a low run of parts. Might be worth checking out. They are located overseas. But they are the go-to place for visual models in the design industry.

1 Like

Hey @FLATLINEcustoms, I have done a number of injection molding tools overseas. I would expect a simple part like yours to cost $3-5K. Tooling in the US will probably cost 3-5x that.

I’d love to 3D print one for myself if you ever decide to share the design :slight_smile:

@FLATLINEcustoms you could also make your own soft tool pretty easily (with practice).

All you need is a gallon of silicone ($150) and a box. Use your 3D printed case to create the mold and then buy two-part urethane to fill it and make hundreds!

I would only go injection mold if you plan on making thousands of these…

I have used smooth-on products before:

2 Likes

Yes that is what my friend told me, between 3-4k. Can I get detail and proper thickness of the walls from a soft mold? Sounds like you have done some soft molds before.

$3k - $4k ish for the mold. Not sure even what I could get the price down to per piece. This would be all new to me. I have been trying to get some info from people about all of this.

And thank you @chaka I would love to make a small business out of this.

1 Like

There are a bunch of videos out there. Here is one that might give you some more ideas: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSH19G_6Yeo

I use smooth-on for a lot of my supplies as well.

You can make the mold out of soft urethane or silicone. I would pick a hardness of around 15-40A durometer.

Wall thickness around the edges isn’t too critical, I would leave about 20 mm to give you something to grip when de-molding.

2 Likes