GT2b Mad Munkey v1 Enclosure **NOW READY FOR DOWNLOAD**

Whats on the other end of the wires? red and black are in the wrong spots for charging. but it also depends on where they are wired out of the picture.

Did I really manage to flip them? I guess stress DIY is not the way to go…

1 Like

Flipped the cables in record time and now it works! Thanks @FLATLINEcustoms

3 Likes

Finally got round to modding my GT2B as well. Unfortunately it doesn’t seem to connect to my board anymore now though…

The remote turns on fine and seems to charge fine. I do remember pressing the Bind button several times accidentally while doing the mod but the remote would’ve always been turned off when this happened. What’re the chances that I just need to rebind the remote to the receiver?

Any ideas for what else could possibly be the issue?

2 Likes

Check your three adjustment dials and then just try and rebind it.

Did you make sure you covered the battery with the plastic that came of the battery casing?

I’m interested but would rather you sold the completed mod instead of me trying to figure it out. Maybe you could get the trans/rec in bulk for a discount and do the conversion? Or how hard is the conversion…maybe if u did a video.

@Hummie He does make completes. I bought one a while back and he’s making me another.

1 Like

What should I be checking on the 3 dials? There’s also the two blue/white dials but I don’t actually know what any of them do? :stuck_out_tongue: I’ve covered the top side of the battery with plastic so the PCB pins can’t short on the metal casing of the battery, the rest of the battery has been covered with a layer of electrical tape

Same thing here. Did my own mod and I can’t get it to bind. Bought another gt2b to try again fresh. The remote got here today so I’m going to make my 2nd attempt.

As a backup I also ordered another complete from @FLATLINEcustoms just to make sure i get the most reliable remote. And I like to contribute to people on this forum. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@FLATLINEcustoms on the chance that I have somehow stuffed my controller, how much do you charge for a complete with shipping to NZ?

$103.00 That includes the led for battery.Totally worth it!!!

I’d have to check on shipping to NZ. I have shipped to the UK a few times and Austrailia. Those places were about $35 shipping.

Joel

1 Like

Ok no worries, assuming $35 for shipping, what would be the total cost?

Btw I tried rebinding my controller today with no luck, it won’t even bind now :confused: I connected the binding plug to the receiver on the third channel then turned the board on so that the receiver light was flashing. I then held down the bind button on the controller then turned the controller on but the receiver light wouldn’t stop flashing as expected…

Any ideas?

1 Like

Did both of you solder to the pot quickly? I am wondering if you need to adjust the trigger black knob to 0 ohms for resting position before it would bind? Don’t touch the white and blue ones doubt they moved. checked all of your connections to make sure they aren’t soldered to the connection next to them? I haven’t ever had one not bind.

Joel

Is the pot trigger component? Tbh I do remember getting a very tiny amount of smoke when soldering the 3 wires to the trigger, it was a pretty short period of time that I had the iron touching the trigger though :confused: Any idea if it’s possible to swap it with the one for steering? I’ll have another play around with the trigger black knob and double check the solder points and see if I have any luck.

After a couple test pours the casted Mad Munkey V1’s are ready. I only have yellow, orange, and clear at the moment. At $25 a color they will slowly trickle in as I sell some.

PM me if you would like to buy one. They are strong and beautiful!

Let me know what you think.

@Pimousse

18 Likes

Oh my, I think I peed a little​:dizzy_face::heart_eyes:

Can I just have one to look at?

2 Likes

Holy sh#t !!! :anguished: This is just incredible how perfect it is !

1 Like

You can’t swap the trigger pot with the steering pot. If you were only on it for a short period of time its probably okay. There has to be something small that is causing it not to bind.

I think the clear one needs an LED light show mod option. Looking good!

1 Like