GT2b Mad Munkey v1 Enclosure **NOW READY FOR DOWNLOAD**

@Pylonflyer and @FLATLINEcustoms I can not express how much joy this build gives me! You both have worked extremely hard and now let the fruits of your labor flow!!!

I am down to buy a couple! I have 2 GT2bs sitting right next to me waiting for those cases!!!

2 Likes

Did you find somewhere to get a new potentiometer?

I’d like one of these, how do we order?

:heart_eyes: Holy crap! Super nice job Pylonflyer!

Nope, i couldn’t find it anywhere!

Have you tried this mod since? after breaking that potentiometer I tried it with the steering pot unfortunately I hadn’t read your earlier comment so broke that one aswell

I did make sure to heat the circuit as little as possible though, would leaving those leads on really make that much difference?

I also opened one up there didn’t seem to be any visible damage the tracks looked fine and the wiper looked to be in place.

I also opened opened up my broken one, looked fine, but the carbon traces are VERY fragile.

I will be running another set of parts on Monday to see if my mold modifications fix a trouble spot with regard to a bubble. It should do the trick, just want to verify before I send the molds off to Joel. Then, he should be in business :slight_smile: Thank you for all the feedback, this is cool to see this technique is well received. I work with so many talented inventors and entrepreneurs and this kind of stuff is not really taught in engineering school :wink: However, for guys like us YouTube is our savior. I’m just trying to populate it with good videos and show how it’s done right.

6 Likes

AND WE PRAISE YOU BEYOND BELIEF FOR YOUR GENEROSITY!!! @Pylonflyer

And no they do not teach enough of these techniques in engineering school!!!

1 Like

If you want to learn more about mold making or spread the word, this playlist is a good place to start: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_Aij55CbyPk1Tw3zy8F-SIfRBZNZnnkT

9 Likes

me wants one too

Is this in your line of work? Like not everyone does this … right?

How do i send you my money???

It will be posted here when they are available.

Will be through PayPal when available.

Which pot were you looking for?

The company I work for makes these types of molding and casting materials, but I don’t make molds professionally. So it goes to show you can learn how to do this. I do have a background in aerospace composites, but this is different in many ways other than I am good at mixing materials and using correct ratios of A&B to get good parts. This type of stuff is very handy if you are 3D Printing prototypes and need either better aesthetic, stronger parts, or have to make many dozen in a short period of time.

1 Like

Hi,

I’m trying to install the electronics to Monkey enclosure but the first problem I found is the dimensions of the battery. My battery is to big as you can see on the picture. I’m not sure if milling the material the structure can be affected. Do you know why my GT2B came with this big battery?

Regards.

You have to remove the case just like with a badwolf mod (which this mod is an evolution from). There are also different battery sizes - if you look earlier in this thread I had the same problem. Needed to mill the compartment a little bigger.

I gave up its the trigger pot, i think its 50deg, 5k, low friction carbon pot. Not very common.