GT2b Mad Munkey v1 Enclosure **NOW READY FOR DOWNLOAD**

Rather than desoldering, couldn’t I just cut off the USB PCB and solder on a new one? I have bare USB connectors at work

Thank you @caustin. I just do what I think works best.

@jmasta I don’t see why that wouldn’t work, but for me un-soldering takes 30 seconds and glues right on the Mad Munkey USB shelf.

That’s helpful. I got my charging jack sorted out by soldering a pigtail to the battery +/- leads, but if I do another that’s good to know.

1 Like

Working on the silicone molding tutorial video today care of Flatline Customs :slight_smile:

5 Likes

This is AWESOME!

Who’s got 2 thumbs and is finally pouring silicone tomorrow?? This guy. Sorry, been cranking on too many things at once and filming it all takes 10 times longer than just gettin 'er done.

's got t

11 Likes

Wow how does the print look so good? :smile_cat:

SLA and a lot of finish work.

3 Likes

That is so sick! Well done!

@pylonflyer Interesting to see how you filled the voids without clay. Cannot wait to see the VIDEO!

I can’t wait to see the finished product!

@FLATLINEcustoms What type of platform adhesion do you recommend? Do you need to use a raft to support the overhangs if printed slowly? Thanks!

2 Likes

@jmasta What printer do you have? I don’t use any support or bed adhesion on my lulzbot mini but on our flashforge we use kapton tape and acetone slurry.

I like printing on glass with kapton tape using slurry as adhesion. I don’t ever use a raft, but always use support. If your printer is good with overhangs and you run it slow enough it may work. Let me know how it works out.

Joel

1 Like

Give BuildTak a try, i bought a pack of 3 sheets about 2 months ago, never going back to painters tape or kapton. It takes a bit to get dialed in, but its just a thing of beauty!

We have an Ultimaker 2. Typically I just print on the bed with a thin coating of gluestick over the print area, but I do experience lifting occasionally. I’ll try out the slurry.

Are you guys using ABS filament or is PLA preferred?

Thanks, Joel! I’ll give it a shot and will post my print settings if it comes out well. Great work on the design! I’ll have to send you a donation

@jmasta thank you very much and I only use ABS filament.

I loved my ultimaker 2’s…had to leave them at my old lab. Great printers. Try out some ABS slurry. Both @FLATLINEcustoms and I use it in consort with Kapton tape and get nearly perfect bed adhesion every time.

I almost exclusively print with ABS. Occasionally, a print will require the use of TPU, or ninjaFLEX TPE but those are left to the flexystruder Lulzbot mini.

First halves done, now to add vents and fill port before molding second halves…

18 Likes

Troy you are a LEGEND! That looks so good and you didn’t use any clay… Still can’t wait to see the video. I need to get with you for some resin orders as well.

Joel

2 Likes