GT2b Mad Munkey v1 Enclosure **NOW READY FOR DOWNLOAD**

The first purple one!

What I did in past few hour! such beauty!!! what screw did you use for mounting main pcb? I did not see you mention any where? all original case screws are too short. glad I have my quadcopter zmr250 M3 allen screw… it is longer but still not long enough to mount both throttle and main pcb… so what I did is drill thru the mounting hole and make the space short…(sry for poor description ), and lot of hot glue work… but it worked!

8 Likes

OK, I saw it, it’s m3 x 20mm screws… well… my m3 standoff kit for quad copter doesn’t have this… you should add this to the top page…

Looks good @MicroRAsus! Nice work. I will add that to the top of the thread.

I say that but it won’t let me edit the top posts anymore… Not sure why not.

You should just make a video tutorial. :wink: That’s what I have been kind of holding out for, before diving into this project. No pressure though. :smile:

1 Like

Haha, I should just post the video with no words… Between work, two kids homework/dinners and a preggo girl, house renovations and just printing parts for people. Phew! I need to just sit down with some time one night and bust it out for ya’ll. I feel terrible I haven’t been able to do the audio for the build video. I need pressure! I need to do it for ya’ll.

Joel

5 Likes

No worries. I was just razzin’ you. It’s my way. :wink: I’m actually on no hurry to have yet another half finished project, but whenever you find the time to do the video, I’ll probably dive into this, Life definitely comes first, especially when you got like 12 job, mon!

1 Like

All good, I need to teach the little minions how to work the printer and put them to work! HAha.

I printed one in black ABS the other week until I can get the casting urethane molds done. Joel did a great job on these files.

6 Likes

Thank you @Pylonflyer, have you rode with it yet?

Yes, many times. I take my dog for runs with my board and cruise the 'hood with my girls on their bikes, scooters, and go kart.

1 Like

Ok, simple question (I hope). Since I mangled my USB charging jack during installation I pulled the USB board off the main board. So, there are only 3 pins left. What can I tap into for charging if I just want a simple +/- JST plug like this? The battery lead has an extra white wire? It’s just a 1S 3.7V lipo so do I just solder to the Red/Blk here?

1 Like

the white wire is just data, you can use the other two pins and provide 5v (i think usb is 5v)

@longhairedboy why can’t I edit posts at the top?

When posts are ‘old’ you cannot edit them. I’m not sure what the exact date it but, that is ur issue.

1 Like

That sucks.

Yeah ik. Same thing happened to me. I think it’s a way for them to save space on the server.

Hopefully I can help a few of ya’ll with the USB removal and how I do it. Not saying its right, but to me its fast and easy and comes off without issues.

First off I clamp my PCB in a helping hands to suspend it.

Then take my snips and bend the three pins straight up. The straighter the better.

Get some small snips and clip the pins as close to the board as you can get.

Now get your solder gun and feed it some solder. Enough to connect all three snipped pins in a puddle of solder.

Now that you have a huge puddle of solder. Position your solder gun so that you can heat up all the pins at one time. Let the puddle melt. Take some needle nose pliers and grab only the PCB of the USB. Don’t squeeze the USB port. Once all of the pins heat up at the same time it should almost fall out.

After that you can just heat up each pins solder and pull them out easily.

Hope the helps a little in getting ya’ll’s Mad Munkeys together.

Joel

5 Likes

nice, you got skillz!

1 Like