GT2b Mad Munkey v1 Enclosure **NOW READY FOR DOWNLOAD**

Valuable lessons about 3d printing are being learned right now. The print of the lower assembly is about 50% completed. On a number of the lower layers I was having some trouble with PLA warping and adhesion. I didn’t seem to have any of these issues last night on my initial test prints after assembling and calibrating the printer. It was much warmer in my work area last night, and its a cool and drafty morning today. I shut all of the windows around the printer and turned the ceiling fan off. Looks like I may have done this early enough to save the print, the warping and curling seems to have been corrected and everything is evening out nicely. There is a noticeable difference in the quality of the layers before/after closing the windows. Looks like I may be building an enclosure for this printer next.

I would like to buy 1 or 2 enclosures. I can’t find any suitable priced 3D printter nearby me.

PM me @Tuomalar.

Most beautiful and well made enclosure ever! Looks incredible in gray! Now I am really lazy and ordered a “complete” remote from Joel. He did an amazing job printing and adding things like led strip and matching lanyard. He definitely takes pride in his work! Thanks again! @FLATLINEcustoms

7 Likes

What’s the best way to cut the PCB?

@Sean555 thank you so much! You were the first one to order a complete. I’m glad you like it.

@smurf I use a dremel with there stronger weave cut off wheel. Works good and quick.

small question: where do you connect the charge indicator?

Positive and negative on the battery BMS is where I do it.

1 Like

Is it permanently on in this cofiguration? Or does it turn off with the remote?

It always stays on, you can always see where your controllers battery is. It is designed to stay on. It only pulls 80uA your battery doesn’t even know its there.

I am interested in buying a complete, any options other than color, material? Price and timing? Thanks!

I have some colors to choose from. ABS only. Timing would determine if I could get a GT2b quickly. Where are you located? PM me.

I just printed off mine, however the button did not print for some reason. is the button necessary? I only need ch3 and throttle and on and off for the controller.

The button isn’t a necessity unless you want CH3 as a momentary button on the back. What are you running to channel 3?

Man, has anyone sourced these gauges anywhere else? Seems he keeps bumping up the price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1S-Single-Cell-Lipo-Battery-Voltage-Status-LED-Indicator-Gauge-Module-/282030494790?hash=item41aa53d446:g:b60AAOSwxN5WXBNw

I use it for LED on off… I guess I just have to print the button…

If you print just the button, print like 4. Space them out a little. Allows the layers to cool and will give you a better printed button.

1 Like

@FLATLINEcustoms Looks really good! You think it’s possible to move the third channel button so then it’s easily toggled by the thumb? I really like where this project is going!

Possible… always. Haha, but the execution is the kicker.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BLMOp5Yjq09/

4 Likes