GT2b Mad Munkey v1 Enclosure **NOW READY FOR DOWNLOAD**

I did the mod and am really happy about how it feels (Thanks for sharing this awesome case @FLATLINEcustoms)

After doing the mod the remote wouldn’t connect anymore so I spent 4 hours researching to troubleshoot the problem, i got it fixed though.

Turns out you dont need to take off the little pcb on the throttle (but some pictures is various threads show assembled mad munkeys without the pot pcb so thats whY took it off as well. Some people damaged their throttle pots with too much heat from the soldering iron which means you have to buy another Gt2B just for a new pot, i was afraid I had done the same. Save yourself the trouble, leave the throttle pot PCB as is. In my case the pot was fine but I had done a poor soldering job that was good enough for getting normal readings on a multimeter, but not for the remote to work (the reason why I couldnt find this problem so easily). Either way, resoldering the pot connections fixed the problem.

A lot of people rip off their antenna when disassembling the gt2b, be careful and take your time when you take the gt2b apart!

Be very careful when soldering that all your connections are solid and there are no solder bridges.

Dont mess up the USB re-wiring (dont flip the wires or something)

If you glue the USB port in place with epoxy it should be strong enough, hot glue wont hold up.

Be extremely careful when dremeling the pcbs

I put a 680ohm-680ohm voltage divider on the steering channel (ch1) as advised for the badwolf mod. This apparently is not necessary, but it allows the remote to connect, even if you messed up the throttle pot, which allowed me to find what I did wrong.

Those were my tips. Dont do this mod unless you are at least somewhat skilled with electronics, otherwise I recommend ordering the whole thing.

4 Likes

Thank you you for sharing your build knowledge.

1 Like

Got mine a few days ago and through it together. This thing feels great! Thanks Joel

8 Likes

Your welcome, glad you like it. Liking the paracord. Did you gut it to fit it in the slot?

Ya I took the liner out but had to shave a little bit out where it fits on the case also. It’s a snug fit lol

1 Like

Here is my Mod of the Mod. Printed in Woodfill, I love that Stuff, it actually smells like wood, feels like wood, and you can carve it like perfect Linden-wood.

So i carved out a slot for a linear pot (pulled back by a rubberband) it can be used to utilize channel1 for servo breaking, really smooth and fine thumb acceleration,…and whatever.

For me it combines the best of both “remote-worlds” Thumb and Index-Trigger. and the 50mm linear Pot just gives a really long travel for smooth-controlling, compared to the 20° availeable on the GT2B Trigger.

So in case of interest i starte a build-thread: http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/mmmsb-magura-mad-munkey-servo-break-yeah/30195?u=notger http://esk8content.nyc3.digitaloceanspaces.com/uploads/db2454/optimized/3X/7/5/7501ea7f2945169ad5295f99cf690bab086a8b43_1_666x500.JPG

4 Likes

Anybody have any of these they would like to sell in the US?

1 Like

I should have one. Let me check after work.

1 Like

I have one.

Shoot…I never get notifications for these threads… I didn’t check back, so I went with the ebay vendor link you shared earlier. Thanks bro! :v:

Ah that sucks…

Joel

7 Likes

Awesome print !! :open_mouth:

1 Like

Judging by the lines feeding toward the breakouts, looks like it is cast, that and the pearl metallic could be some new polymers Joel is playing with :wink:

Looking good @on1y! Glad you liked the copper I decided to pour for you.

@Pimousse can you print that good??

Haha, @Cobber, thank you for getting me to try some metallics for you. Got any pics of yours against your motor or ESC?

1 Like

I know nothing!! :wink:

1 Like

Copper looks sick! Glow in the dark powder next? :slight_smile:

I love the way that copper turned out. I was looking at glow in the dark powder! Should be interesting.

Does the complete come with the receiver?

Yes, I have to buy a complete GT2b to cut up. The stock receiver comes with the complete.

Joel