GT2b Mad Munkey v1 Enclosure **NOW READY FOR DOWNLOAD**

Maybe you can skip hobbyking and go directly to the manufacturer. Wonder if they’d do that.

I’ve worked out where the issue is.

It seems that I’ve somehow damaged the trigger pot when soldering the wires to it because I tried binding the remote when I only had the steering pot connected instead and I had no issues. I also tried testing the resistance of the pot connections using a multi meter and while I get expected readings with the steering pot, I get nothing with the trigger pot :frowning:

I guess these components must be quite sensitive to heat unfortunately, something for people to keep in mind. Any idea whether you can buy these things separately somewhere?

Otherwise I guess i’ll be having to order another remote… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This first casted Mad Munkey sold is a complete build that I just finished. I almost didn’t want to pack it up and send it off. Thank you @Pylonflyer for giving me the chance to make my work looks this good!

28 Likes

If I could like it a thousand times I would. How much for a full mod? :grimacing:

2 Likes

yeah this happened to me quite a lot of time; i searched for such pots but I didn’t fine any available.

He does it for $103 shipped

For just a casted Mad Munkey v1 it is.

$30 for the Mad Munkey Casted. $8 for shipping and handling in USA. –––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– $38 for a casted Mad Munkey.

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– For a Mad Munkey v1 complete it is.

$30 for the Mad Munkey Casted. $30 for a new GT2b. $30 for complete build and installation with lanyard. $5 to install the LED indicator. $8 for shipping and handling in USA. –––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– $103 for a complete Mad Munkey w/LED gauge.

8 Likes

@SeanHacker I got your GT2b! Hopefully have this complete shipped out for you Friday or Saturday.

Joel

1 Like

Awesome! Can’t wait dude!

I did the same thing it’s because you soldered the wires directly to the pot’s pcb rather than to the metal leads you’ve cut off, the heat destroys the carbon traces

I’ve looked for them but can’t find them anywhere @chinzw said the same

I messaged a guy on ebay who was selling a bunch of different 5Kohm pot’s but not this one, he said it was limited angle (50 degree) track but hadn’t been able to get any

I ended up buying a second controller left the metal leads on and it worked fine

2 Likes

Yea sounds about right. I ended up working out how to use the steering pot in place of the trigger pot, just required dremelling down the pot shaft a little bit seeing as it’s longer. Only had a quick test of the board so far but it seems to work great, probably need to adjust the reciever settings on my VESCs though as it feels like I’m not quite getting my full braking power now.

The other thing I found is that you don’t even need to cut the green PCB from the pot, seems to fit fine with it still connected.

Can you confirm the steering pot is 5k? That is awesome its working for you! @chinzw will be happy to hear that.

Joel

The trigger pot has b5k50 written on it, while from memory, the steering pot has b5k90 on it so I’m fairly confident that they’re both 5k, I’ll have to check with my multimeter when I get home in a few days to be sure though.

I would have thought that the 50/90 parts of the codes would refer to the angle that they turn but they both seem to turn the same amount so I’m not sure?

1 Like

They’re both 5k, just different ranges. I moved to my own design now with hall sensor, so no need for pots anymore :slight_smile:

It is a bit off topic, but if you nice people could take a look at some problems I am having with my mastercho mod that would be greatly appreciated. http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/i-am-having-some-trouble-with-my-gt2b-mod/15391

Just got it in, holy shit, this thing is brilliant. I can’t wait to finish my build and get some testing in!

9 Likes

Every time I take mine out for a spin, I always notice how well the handle feels in your grip. Now I want to do add-ons like switchable on/off board lights and I have an idea for a 3D-printed mount on top for a click-in LED flashlight for night riding.

1 Like

@FLATLINEcustoms Hello, do you know if there is enough space to insert an arduino inside with an 0.96 display ?

give me all three dimensions HxWxD and I will check.

Great ! It is : 18(H)x44(W)x1,50(D)mm for the arduino board and 19.26(H)x26.70(W))x1.45(D)mm for the screen.

Thanks in advance !

1 Like