GT2b Mad Munkey v1 Enclosure **NOW READY FOR DOWNLOAD**

Same as before the mod, micro USB port.

first print fail the corner seems to be not bounded very well and start coming off

Make sure to slow the speed down and print with 4+ wall thickness… I listed PLA and had the fan at 100% the whole time (I usually don’t)

Still needs to find the right screw but it fits alright. Still the upper and lower doesn’t close completely flush. Don’t know what is touching tho.

The long screws from the GT2b case are the ones you want to use.

Looks like a giant piece of hard candy. Yum.

1 Like

So here is my contribution to the design. Luckily I’ve been practicing on our new Form 2 SLA printer and ran this today. I had run a set on an FDM printer and it looked good, but I had an issue while doing an acetone vapor polish and they were ruined. So this is going to become a pattern for a silicone mold in which I’ll be happy to share the process. Crazy how good the resolution is and this is on the lower setting. Took about 6.5 hours to print. Now to spray some primer and prep for paint.

11 Likes

But why would they be ruined, they lookpretty good actually

Notger

No, these are perfectly fine. I printed another set (no pics) on a different type of printer that I accidentally messed up while trying to do a surface clean up.

Those prints look amazing. They were printed vertically standing up?

@pylonflyer That print quality is mint.

This was my first none calibration print on my Tevo, I printed mine flat on the bed.

ed

2 Likes

4 Likes

here is mine. just finished yesterday and not yet tested in ride

3 Likes

If you manage to design one, ill get it printed and tested.

Getting ready for shiny paint :slight_smile:

14 Likes

@Pylonflyer I messaged you. Looking good with primer!

Word of advice to people doing this mod, when soldering the potentiometer, make sure you desolder the board and keep the long prongs, i made the mistake of cutting the prongs to remove the pcb and when soldering the wires to the pot, the heat was too much and too close, now i have to figure out where to get a new pot.

1 Like

I rode my board for the first time this weekend, and controller feels great. I just have a couple of problems with controller, and see if anyone has thoughts. 1) I had to put hot glue on usb connector to keep it from pushing in when putting in the usb cable. I think it should have some plastic that comes down behind it to keep it from going back. 2) Screws do not seem to be holding that good for holding the case together, and I think one has already stripped. I printed in PETG, and am using the stock screws.

Glad it feels good.

I super glue the USB in place then hot glue it. I have never had an issue with mine moving.

I have never had a screw let go or strip. The first time installing them apply slight pressure to get a good bite. When the screw gets tight stop turning you will strip it. I am not familiar with PETG I only print ABS.

Today I got some chrome-race-shine going. Should be prepping the mold next week.

11 Likes