GT2b Mad Munkey v1 Enclosure **NOW READY FOR DOWNLOAD**

Thanks @longhairedboy, it has a switch for on/off of the open channel on the board and has the momentary 3rd channel switch hooked up as well.

How do you like the steez remote, do you like the joystick?

That will be a nice setup! Plug and play onto a slide glove.

I like them a whole lot actually. I just wish they weren’t so expensive. I use them exclusively on my builds for other people, and the only GT2B i use now is on my 6S rat board.

they are every bit as reliable and solid as the GT2B so far, and yet they are practically indestructible in the usual scenarios where you toss them as you’re falling, they’re far more ergonomic and don’t give me a sore hand after a long while of riding, they fit in my pocket and they aren’t shaped anything like a gun. But they cost 4 times as much as a GT2B, so love hurts i guess.

2 Likes

I will definitely post the pcb files up on oshpark once completed.

If you are interested these switches work great on the gt2b: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.TRS5&_nkw=250V+3A+3+Pin+ON%2FON+I%2FO+2+Position+SPDT+&_sacat=0

Requires removing the old switch and using a wired connection but it really cleans up the face on these mods.

1 Like

I like that switch a lot! I was trying to keep it as much stock internals as possible. I’ll post some interior pics after work. Get some guru’s to help with the switch wiring.

I was thinking center pin on channel one to a resistor through switch and then to left or right pin. Just want an on off switch wiring for what was the steering wheel.

Here is the back of the controller with channel 1 switch and channel three button near the top.

3 Likes

Looks nice!

I hope you are happy, your exploits inspired me to purchase a 3d printer yesterday.

2 Likes

Thank you Chaka!

Haha! What printer did you go with?!

Purchased a kit based on the prusa i3. I may need to upgrade the extruder but the reviews are good.

I mostly wanted a machine based on v-slot extrusion since I have a cnc router with th same type of construction.

4 Likes

If you don’t get much sleep now… Just wait till you have a smooth running 3d printer and some powerful 3d software.

1 Like

Alright I need some GT2b/electric gurus. Will this 5ohm resistor be all that is needed to make channel T1 an on/off switch? My steering wheel pot is reading almost 0ohm one way and 5ohm the other.

13 Likes

Wow, you really put some time into this! Someone can easily drill out a hole for the trim pot if they chose to. If you made an injection mold of this file you would have everyone knocking down your door.

2 Likes

This is sick. I want one to try out, i have a GT2B sitting on my bench that’s practically brand new.

Many… many hours! How do I make an injection mold??? Teach me! Show me! Haha.

I stood on mine last night. Pretty strong.

@longhairedboy I am sending you a PM.

1 Like

Nice !! Do you plan to put the files on thingiverse ?

I was planning on it.

1 Like

This mod looks to damn amazing @FLATLINEcustoms I just ordered me GT2B yesterday, and i whould love to be a test driver for this :wink: Once you (if you choose to) release this mod! or mabey even before :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thank you @Krudte I’ll PM you.

Wow! This is really nice. Can’t wait till you share the file! Very detailed!