GT2B "baby buffalo" Mod Case (3D Printable Thumb Throttle Case)

Ah, may have to look at adding expo to the ESC config. My ESC allows expo, linear or logirithmic throttle curves. Currently on linear, think expo should work.

custom curve mapping would be great, that way no matter what the controller does you can tweak it to your liking.

Expo on my ESC seemed to introduce negative expo so all the throttle was near the top end. Selecting Logarithmic seemed to work better, getting more response lower down.

Been riding my board every chance I get at the moment. One thing I think it could do with is a beeper/buzzer. I’m tempted to get a lost buzzer to hook up to channel 3 on the receiver and wire it up on the remote.

I feel like I’m really responsible when riding, slow right down when anywhere near people but some people are just oblivious to their surroundings and need a a little “nudge”.

For those of you who have used both, would you recommend this mod over the Mad Munkey?

I haven’t used the mad monkey mod but the MasterCho mod which is very similar in overall shape and size(though I think mad monkey is more compact) and I’ve used this baby buffalo. I personally prefer the MasterCho/Mad Munkey mod over this. The feel in the hand is much nicer. Both of the MasterCho and Mad Munkey mods are better fits ergonomically speaking. Although I think thumb stick is the most convenient form of control this design is just slightly too larger the edges are just too hard even with the molded version with a fillet instead of a chamfer.

I used MadMunkey, but i prefer thumbstick. It feels more natural to me.

I agree with your point. [quote=“chinzw, post:88, topic:4694”] i prefer thumbstick. It feels more natural to me. [/quote]

But THIS particular case is not very comfortable in your hand, and so feels less natural to hold. It’s got some great potential but as it stands it could use some improvements. Unless you got some seriously large hands it might be more comfortable but the edges arent that user friendly. If you got yourself some tiny Trump hands well you’re fucked all together if you intend on using this.

1 Like

Try my mod version with smooth edges, its a lot nicer on the hand.

I think the thumb stick gives better control and prefer it too, but this control could do with some ergonomic changes to make it fit better in the hand. It does occasionally feel like it could slip out of your hand when your thumbs on the stick.

1 Like

I love the Mad Munkey but for my new build I want to give a try to a thumb stick version. I’ll go for a print of the v2. @chinzw, do I print the thumbstick from the v1 version from @Qwiksand ? There are only the case in your Thingiverse folder.

Anyway, thanks guy for your amazing job ! :wink:

Yep, thumb from the original :slight_smile:

Any chance of getting STEP or IGES files of this project? @chinzw or @Qwiksand

I’m building a pair of e-boards for my 7 yr old twins… and I’d like to do some modifications to the files to better suit their needs. STL files are much more difficult to modify.

Best regards,

Steve

Its on Onshape, you can check it out here, it will allow you to download as any format you want.

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/57f5c25f744ea710bc58aad4/w/25ca58d212d6a669a3232368/e/5f7ab646461154fb00955531

1 Like

@chinzw Thanks. That helped. I was able to download the files. I’ve got 20+ years using Pro/E and Solidworks but onshape looks interesting. I’ll have to give it once over when I can find the time.

I use fusion, but I ported my changes to use the same system as the original files

I wonder, if it’s enough space for arduino nano and hc05 bluetooth module?

Not as it sits, but the files are open source and ready for you to modify :wink:

im planning on using your mod because its more ergonimics but theres no steering pot on it

So I’m looking for a UK 3d printer :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like